cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need copy usage decision functionality.

Material A1 in Plant B1 having the batch number of C1 is under quality inspection of inspection lot D1. Even under quality inspection due to emergency, the material is transferred to plant B2 and the batch is created as C2 having the status of u/quality inspection inspection lot D2 ( no results recording option in plant B2).

The requirement is after usage decison in plant B1 for D1, same usage decison can be copied to plant B2 and inspection lot D2.

Is it possible in ECC 6.0

Thanks

krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What i understand is that one lot is in 1st plant whereRR and UD both required now QI  qty posted in 2nd plant where RR not required but UD required based on first plant decision.

For this, there is not a single key object through which UD cpoied from one plant to another plant lot. Object means Batches are different, Inspection lot offcourse different. If you use any exit or enhancement then system need any single object so that based on it system will copied the UD code. Not possible take manual call before closing the lot .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks team for taking this concern. The genesis of the decision to put the material u/inspection stock in B2 is that no one can sell until the results recording and UD completed in B1. Inspection lot copy will put extra burden to B2 as they are not doing actual testing.

Work around is to transfer the inspection lot from B1 to B2 via QAC2 where the results recording still will be done by B1, but the material will put unrestricted stock in B2 when auto UD completed. The issue is :- QAC2 does not generate any shipping document   and payment to carried vendor is difficult. Also ATP check in B2 does not does the expected delivery of order......

Any help guys?

Thanks

krishna 

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna, If the sequence that I mentioned in my earlier post is correct for your scenario, then_

1. In plant B2 you are putting the material in to QIafter GR, to have some control that it should not be sold unless QA approves it.
  2. This indicates that quality department is functional in B2
  3. But at the same time you don't want to invest extra efforts for inspection as this consignment was already inspected in B1.
  4. You can use DMR to ease out some work in B2.
  5. Give more number of lots for skipping while defining DMR which will generate skipped lots.
  6. Being skipped lots, there won't be any compulsion to complete RR.
  7. Later you can schedule auto UD for skipped lots which is very well possible.
  8. Else you can deactivate QM in plant B1 and have its usage in B2 where it has more significance.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your mail.

What is the purpose of DMR? How to do it? Can you please explain?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna, it is Dynamic Modification Rule. Typically it works in below scenario

1. You have n number of inspection lots and can not inspect each and every one.
  2. What DMR does is, it skips certain number of lots e.g. 1st lot will be in REL mode as normal case. You need to carry out RR and stock posting for this lot.
  3. But next say 10 or 15 lots will be created in SKIP mode. You can observe system status as SKIP
  4. These lots need not be inspected, simply you can proceed for UD.
  5. Mass UD is also possible for such lots.

Explore if you can make use of this for your scenario. Refer more here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3c/929d17db7d11d283cb0000e829fdb3/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i dnt think DMr will solve this purpose.

Regards

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

QAC2 can be only used if Both plants are in same premises, if you are sending material by ROAD, you will have to create STO.

Transfer material using STO, Do GR to Blocked stock and before that set Follow up action for the UD in B1 plant which will move stock from blocked to UR,

Now its a task how you set link between Material With inspection lot in B1 and Material received in B2. It would be easier if material is Batch managed or Serial number is there for a mateial.

Amol.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible to copy Usage decision of one inspection lot to another.

Even under quality inspection due to emergency, the material is transferred to plant B2

Can you elaborate more on this? What process are you using for transfer? e.g. QAC2, STO.

Also i am curious to know what are the inspection lot Origins for both these inspection lots.

There might be another way to map this process.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are doing stok transfer process. Due to urgency, they need to transfer the material to the warehouse plant even before the QM results are coming. In WH they don't have the results recording, only usage decision. Client requirement to sell the material once usage decision in Mfg. plant is completed and copied to Wh plant lot.

The problem would have been solved if UD can be copied.

Krishna

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

What I have understood is -

1. B1 is manufacturing plant and you have QM setting in place for B1.
  2. After UD in plant B1 you transfer the material to plant B2 by STO process.
  3. As QM is also active in B2, you are getting another inspection lot in B2 after its GR in B2.
  4. Here you don't want to carry out inspection activity again, as it is already done in B1.

If so, then you can deactivate inspection type for this material from material master in B2 plant. As a result of this no inspection lot would be created in B2.

As per my knowledge, there is no functionality to copy UD from one lot to another. You can copy inspection results instead!

Regards, Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And if you copy inspection results, you can then use an Auto UD on the inspection lot to process it.

Craig

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Craig,

I have thought in this option too, but if I understand correctly, they don't have results recording, only usage decision, in the WH.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. you are right, he did say they only have the UD and no results recording.  But it coud be set up with results recording and the exact same inspection plan (from  B1 plant) could be assigned in the second plant (B2).  Then they would have results recording available. 

EDITED UPDATE:  After thinking about this, I'm not sure you can do the resuts copy function across plants.  I can't say I've tried that.

Another possible option would be to use a follow up action on the UD codes in Plant B1. The follow-up action would have to go out and look for those open lots and find the matching on and copy the UD forward.  It would be a custom development of course.

Craig