cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Approvers for Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have 2 approvers (primary and secondary/back-up) for a role but only one them need to approve? Both should get the email notification but only one of them should approve. Escalation to alternate approver is not what I am looking for.

When the roles are imported into GRC, do I need to a two entries for each role since I need have 2 approvers for the role? or is Delegation a better option?

If Delegation is used, then do I have to setup both as role owners? or can delegated user approve with the need to setup as role owner?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

You can have 2 approvers for the same roles where either of the approvers can approve the request. You need to specify 2 entries for the same role in the import file. Both approvers will receive the email notification

A delegate dosent have to be specified as an access control role owner.

Thanks

Anthony

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anthony and Andrezej.

Did some testing and it works as expected for us. Will implement note 1589130 and test the delegation email notification.

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

If you plan to use delegation remember that by default only approver will receive email (not his delegate). to correct this you will need to implement note 1589130.

Best regards, Andrzej