cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM WebUI -Viewing Originals in Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using url links as the originals. We cannot check in. it will be in check out mode itself.

In SAP GUI, if we click the link, it will automatically opens in browser.

Wheras, When we try to open the originals from Web UI, the link is not opening. in browser. We want the originals should be opening in a browser from WebUI.

Below is the viewer customization. Kindly share your inputs. Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Saravan Kumar,

PLM WUI does not support URL as originals of DIR. This frame work doesn't support thie feature because of some security standards. There is another customer Robert Bosch who also requested for this feature. We requested them to raise an improvement request.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Then I will go for a workaround by adding CV03N t-code to the PLM menu and also I customize the navigation settings of display document to CV03N instead of services. I think it will work...Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

0 Kudos

Hello Saravana Kumar,

Yest that workaround can be done. Alernatively you can copy all URLs you want to navigate to in a word file and check-in the file. Using that checked-in original you can navigate to URLs in PLM WUI.

I assume you need URLs as originals for Stamping. Is it so ?

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Thanks for your reply!!!

I don't want to copy all the URL's... I want to dynamically fetch it. I will do the parameter mapping for this...

I have a doubt in implementing the workaround...

I have two originals... one is URL link and other is PDF file. When calling the t-code cv03n through ITS method. I'm able to display the URL link in browser. But PDF file is not opening automatically. Instead it is getting downloaded in the system downloads folder. is there any way to overcome this?

Regards,

Saravana

0 Kudos

Hello Saravana Kumar,

If user displays / eidts Checked-in files, the file will be downloaded to local system from content server with the above DC30 customization.

Please use the customization if you need office integration '%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%'.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

You said that PLM WUI does not support URL as originals of DIR. This frame work doesn't support the feature because of some security standards.

If we implement any BADI's like DOCUMENT_MAIN01 or DOCUMENT_FILES01, is it possible to view the URL links in PLM WUI itself. Kindly let me know. This is just for my understanding. Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

0 Kudos

Hello Saravana Kumar,

Badi implementation will not work. I know one customer has extended PLM WUI framework to support this. In standard it is not possible to open URLs in WEB UI.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Thanks for your reply!!!  I will go with the workaround... I'm able to open HTML & PDF files now with same customization as %AUTO%...

Regards,

Saravana

0 Kudos

Hello Saravan,

You are welcome. Good luck ..

Regards,

Hari