cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL for standby Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To read the SAPOSCOL information of DB system ( distributed environment) from SAP Applicaiton, I have created the SAPOSCOL destination SAPCCMSR.<<Hostname>>.99 with below utility

/sapmnt/<SID>/exe/sapccmsr -R pf=/usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr/sapccmsr.pfl

However, I cannot use this to read OS information when system is running on standby database.

I have searched lot and gone through many links to setup destination for standby DB OS information and no luck.

Can any one help me by providing some information how to setup destination.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugesan,

You can configure CCMS monitoring on the standby database .

You can do the following to achieve the same

install the sapccm4x agent on the standby host

- Register the agent to the CEN

- In the agent home directory create a file like oscolfilter.ini In this file enter the filesystems you would like to monitor

- Add the oscolfilter.ini file into the sapccmsr.ini file This is also located in the agent home directory

- Create a MTE for filesystem monitoring in your CEN. Add the relevant monitor attribute there.

- Assign autoreaction via RZ21

For more information, see OSS Note 522453 - RZ20: Monitoring operating system data

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have hostagent installed on your DB host ? saposcol now comes with hostagent.

If yes, in agent profile, have you maintained service/porttypes = SAPHostControl SAPOscol SAPCCMS ? Are you checking this from Solution Manager system ? In RZ21 have you created a remote monitoring entry for this host ?

Divyanshu