cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide Table Rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario like i have table element binded with RFC output node data is coming but in the same view search criteria is there based on that I have to show particular rows.

Exp: Table is having 3 rows

101 AAA SalesManager

102 BBB AccontManager

103 CCC Marketing Manager

Above three rows are coming from RFC with one input field in the each row. In the same view input field /button is there. If I enter input filed (Search criteria)101 when ever I click on search I have to get only one record from the table after that I have to do some other process with same table node.

How it’s the way to do.

Thanks in advance.

~Adams.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi adam,

U can write the code to skip the particular row.

Find the row number which u want to hide and loop through the node and Store it in

another node or remove that particular element.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

You can implement the "search and display" functionality with Table filters.

Following thread can help you with this:

Also refer to the following blogs:

/people/peter.vignet/blog/2007/01/03/generic-web-dynpro-java-table-filter (Preferred)

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2005/05/10/filtering-table-values-using-webdynpro

Regards,

Alka.

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

I think the table search & filter will not do here as adam dont even want the user to see any entry before searching, I was also about to purpose the same solution but then I read it once more and then I suggested this solution.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddarth for your quick reply.

Please can you tell with more detail.

If i bind VisibleRow with attribute.How can i get particular row.

I not getting clearly what exactly you are advising me.

~Adams

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi adam,

Bind the visibleRowCount property of the table UI element to a value attribute of type integer and set it to zero initially. Now when the user inputs the search criteria and clicks on the search button you will be displaying user the data on the basis of his search. In the onAction search set the value attribute to -1 (will show all the rows) or to any integer value suppose 5 if you want user to see only 5 records at a time.

<b>Do reward points if it helps.</b>

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddarath I tried with VisibleRow Count attribute.

It's not workable solution.It may possible with table filters do you have any idea about filters?

Thanks for your replies.

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Have you wrote the logic to filter the enteries on the basis of the search criteria inserted by the user. If not then I think you should use onFilter action for it. I am not sure if the table UI element provide some search feature too as mentioned by alka.

Hi adam for help on how to write a filtering code go through the second blog mentioned by alka its really nice.

Regards

Sid

Message was edited by:

siddharth chauhan

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

How about binding the VisibleRowCount to a context attribute and setting it according to your need i.e first set it to zero an in the seach action set it to -1 which will not restrict any row.

Regards

Sid