cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set up Fiori Approve Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to configure the Fiori Apps for Approve Purchase Orders, Requisitions etc. I have installed the components on front end and backend, have also gone thru the App implementation guide on the SAP Help Site

Now I have few questions -

0) Any pre-reqs to be done on Gateway side to Approval Based Apps?

1) Do these approval apps use a specific workflow scenario which is defined in Backend?

2) How about the case if we have a custom workflow defined in Backend for a process, lets says approve Orders? In this case, how do I configure the Approve Orders App to use the custom Workflow??

3) For custom workflow scenarios, do I define anything on Gateway ( Custom Task Ids, Workflows)?

Would be great if someone can guide with details.

Regards

Aakash

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash

Pls follow steps as per online help for this app @ link below. Everything is documented. You need to maintain WORKFLOW Task ID in SPRO Customizing step as per documentation in link below. Also need Roles in GW and ECC side based on the app. all details are here. pls follow that. thanks Ashish

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/57/7f3c52c638b610e10000000a44176d/content.htm?frameset=...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

I have gone thru the link, however I am 100% sure what all needs to be done.

My basic questions are same

0) Any pre-reqs to be done on Gateway side to Approval Based Apps?

1) Do these approval apps use a specific workflow scenario which is defined in Backend?

2) How about the case if we have a custom workflow defined in Backend for a process, lets says approve Orders? In this case, how do I configure the Approve Orders App to use the custom Workflow??

So far, I have done couple of steps

1) On Gateway - System Alias pointing to backend with software version IWPGW

2) on Gateway - activated the TaskProcessing service (v 2.0)

so, my customer use a custom workflow of approval. Now how do I map the custom workflow ?

I am a novice in this area, would appreciate if you could guide.

Thank you

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused by your response. You started the question asking for help of Approve PO FIORI App and then you mention the Approval Based apps. which App are you trying to implement?

just to be clear the TASKPROCESSING Service activation is needed for APPROVE REQUESTS App and not the APPROVE PO app. These 2 Apps are different.

Now to your question of Custom workflow. if your customer is using Custom workflow for PO Approval then yes you can use that. Follow the steps in the IMG SPRO Customizing and put the TASK ID of the step where the decision for PO Approval takes place in the IMG settings for the PO Approval App as per the help link. the steps are mentioned in the online help link.

Pls be clear with what you need assistance from and then we can guide better.

thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

I am actually trying to configure the Approve PO App. I was under the impression that to use any of the Approval Apps, first the Gateway needs to be configured for the Task Processing service. So configured the service and alias.

So, for approval PO app - we do not need the Task Processing Service? Are there any pre-reqs to be done on Gateway for PO approval app?

Like, do I need to activate the service WFSERVICe as mentioned in this link -

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp07/helpdata/en/be/7734bcf82d4efb823f5706554dea23/content.htm

For the Custom Workflow, do I have to create any approval scenario in Gateway configuration??

When you say IMG configuration - do you mean on the Gateway?? A detail guidance would be helpful.

I am sorry if my questions are too naive.

Regards

Aakash

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash,

Fiori Approve PO app does not use taskprocessing service. You just need to follow the steps in the help.sap.com. You can test the app with the standard workflow template and make sure it works. Then you can test it with your custom workflow.

App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders - SAP Fiori Apps for Lower Back-End Releases - SAP Libra...

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish, Masayuki

I could configure the PO App after going thru the documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Aakash

Answers (0)