cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to boil VA01 down onto one screen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see how to merge tabs together so it I've got a slimmed down main VA01 screen ... but I want more ... yes greedy I know

Two things I can't figure out how to do which are perhaps related (if not I'll create two threads):

i) I want to put the document currency drop down selection list available on the sales order header details on the main screen.

ii) I want to be able to insert one item at a time without referring to the line item table ... so ... I want one screen - on the top with some header details, on the bottom I don't want to see any of those overview tabs at all, I just want the empty fields to be filled in the the next line item to be entered which include some basic stuff (material, qty, wbs,etc) but also things like item text and optional PO information like vendor.

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Part 2 should be easy, using the magic "create" button we found in another thread. Add a bunch of custom text fields for the data you want need to create a line, and an "Add" script button to go to the (hidden) item detail tab, push the create button, and fill in the details. I imaging if you left the "All items" table from the Sales tab visible, it would fill up with these lines as you add them, if that was required.

Part 1 is not so easy. You can't move a field from one screen to another, just from one place (tab) to another (tab) on the same screen. You need to add a custom drop-down and then arrange for a script to copy the data, either from the standard field elsewhere to your custom, or vice versa, or both. In the case of this currency field how do you normally fill it in when creating a sales order? Sales is not my strong point, but I don't remember ever having to look at the sales order header screen - the currency always defaults form elsewhere (customer?).

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - it defaults in from the customer master but in this case they feel they may have to change the default from time to time. Hmmmm.... let me have a think about that.