Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Plant for Specific Materials

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Consider i have 10 materials which are extended to Plant 1 and Plant 2 and Sales Org1 and Sales Org2.

I want to restrict those materials for Plant1 i.e. when you try to create order in VA01 by that material and Plant1 it shall throw an error.

The options i have searched:

In MM06 we can mark the deletion indicator but that will throw only a warning and not an error

in Sales/org1 view there is a field for Dis specific block but that will restirct at Sales Org level and not plant level.

In MRP1 and Purchasing view we have plant specific indicator but that again will not throw error at time of order creation.

I can delete the material master for those plants but that i dont want to do.

So material master would be there for plant1 but still is there a way that while creating order it throws error for Plant1.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One simple option is don't extend sales view for that plant so that users won't be able to create sale orders.  The other option would be explore Listing / Exclusion functionality, where you need to go with Exclusion by assigning the field WERKS.  Based on this, you maintain condition record for that plant.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Lakshmipathi.

I will definitely go ahead with this approach. But is there no setting in material master that even though the plant view exists but we can restrict the VA01 to use that plant for that material.

regards,

Aayush Jain

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already said, once you extend sales views, you cannot restrict users to enter only a particular plant.  For that you need to go with Exclusion functionality.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aayush

you want to block the material Plant wise right

Please look into this

In MM06 we can mark the deletion indicator but that will throw only a warning and not an error

We can change From Worming to Error 

In the link clearly mentioned

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

thanks for this approach but i really dont want to change the predefined configurations.

I was looking more of the master data related settings than config settings.

regards,

Aayush Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aayush,

I think the best way to solve this issue is work with Listing/Exclusion (VB01, VB02 and VB03), so this way you can determine which materials are available to each plant and VA01 will understand perfectly this.

Regards,

Diogo Angelo Gonçalves