cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find unused ABAP custom code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I identify the unused ABAP custom code  outside of  the SAP Solution Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Nora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bxiv
Active Contributor

For custom transaction codes you could leverage se16 for the following tables:

TSTC & TSTCT and execute with a Z*.

As for programs you could leverage tx STAD and filter on Z* and let it run for a while and manually review the results.

As for custom objects I don't know of any admin/Basis way to find this information, but I would have to think security teams have to keep track of them to authorize/reject access to the objects.

As for uploading the code library into SolMan this is an easier way to obtain the information you want as it will just bring back results of the custom things without having to do a lot of manual work and cross comparisons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like a Google for ABAP, the Salt Code Ferret app provides incredibly fast searching of custom ABAP programs or modified standard SAP programs across all your SAP systems. Sniffing out specific pieces of code, Code Ferret is a huge timesaver in locating multiple instances of potentially conflicting code, code errors, or code that developers want to access or replicate. www.saltapps.com

Try Salt free for 90 days – it’s a suite of eight virtual appliances running on VMware or Hyper-V for understanding what’s happening in SAP systems and across SAP landscapes.