cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRCPINW and SAP_BASIS 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is probably a stupid question. If so my apologies - I have tried searching both here and OSS and not found an answer.

Is there a version of the GRCPINW plugin that works with ERP6 EHP7, which runs SAP_BASIS 740? OSS note 1855404 says that GRCPINW V1100_731 works with SAP_BASIS 731 but doesn't mention 740. OSS notes are usually quite careful to specify exactly which versions are supported.

I see mention of EHP6+ in the product availability matrix, and in the download center there's a "Plug-in on EHP6+ for ERP6.0", but that takes me to the same GRCPINW V1100_731. That suggests it works with EHP7 and therefore basis 740, but I can't find anything anywhere that says that!

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid any confusion, are you using GRC 10.0 or 10.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, forgot to say. GRC 10.1.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, I see your pain.

You are hoping to install the GRCPINW plug-in on a 7.40 system. Considering you need GRCPINW on the GRC system to treat itself as a target system, I would have assumed that this specific compatibility would have been mentioned somewhere.

In SAP note 1680268 (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1680268), there is a sentence at the end as follows:

"6) Access Control 10.1 GRCFND_A Package need to install on NW740 and it is compatible with GRCPINW (700, 710, 730, 731)."

Oddly no mention of a 7.40 plug-in system! I am wondering if indeed GRCPINW 7,31 would have to be installed onto the 740 system. Not had a chance to use 10.1 yet.

UPDATE: Asked around a few people, seems they have put on a NW731 plug-in on their NW 740 system. I do not know the validity of this, but I cannot find any SAP Note to advise otherwise. Would be interested in reading any 10.1 users experience with the scenario in this thread (or even a SAP response!)

Message was edited by: Harinam SanKirtan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I guess I would have ended up just trying the 731 version and hoping, so it is nice to know others have taken the same approach. It would be nice to know that it is officially supported...

I suppose I should create an OSS message to get an official response, if no one here knows for sure.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with the need for a official note/statement to guide everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Did you get any response from SAP, have you installed GRCPINW V1100_731 on 740 SAP_Basis release? Even I'm in the same phase.

Thanks

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't asked, yet. The start of my project is a month or two away yet, so I'm currently busy with other things. I'll update here when I do, and when I get an answer.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Steve

I used to raise a message(337414 / 2014 ) to sap, according to SAP's feedback:

GRCPINW V1100_731 is compatible with NW 7.40 system.
GRCPIERP V1100_700 is compatible with NW 731/740 systems.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent!

So we have some sort of sub-official confirmation from SAP! Maybe they can put the bureaucrats to rest by releasing an official SAP stamped SNOTE!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do we have a reply from SAP on this. I am in similar issue and need to know if SAP_BASIS 740 is it mandatory to have GRCPINW or GRCFND_A in the satellite system ..

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings! I see this post goes longer than one year back and I still could not find an official statement from SAP (specially on official notes 1855404 / 1855405) regarding the HR and Non-HR plugins GRCPINW and GRCPIERP compatibility with SAP Netweaver 7.4.

Apparently the 731 version of both plugins is the most reasonable to go with at this point.

Thanks all for the valuable information.