Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification Priority period

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have assigned Prioirty period for all the priorities to 30days for QM priority type.

But when ever I am creating quality notification for sales order OR for material document the priority end date is changed 43days.

My start date is zero days (means today)

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Devidas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least for me it worked fine. Check it out:

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Have you tried created notification against sales order or purchase order and then checked the timings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also make sure that the priority type has been assigned to the notification type:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wait a minute... wait a minute! I got some "extra" days also when entering the sales order:

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Julio,

So even after you have assigned priority type to notification type your required end date is coming larger than 30 days???

Did you found any reason for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/message/10818028#10818028

It seems that system takes the factory calendar into account when referencing sales order or purchase order at notification creation. This may explain the different system behaviors.

BR, Julio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did more testing and this was the end result (nothing related to the sales order or purchase order):

If you enter the plant for material the system takes the factory calendar into account (in your case 43 days), otherwise if left blank it will use pure calendar days (in your case 30 days).

BR, Julio

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Julio,

So what we can do to resolve this, then what is the use of my 30days??

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is more concept rather than issue. Realize for example that one company has 3 different plants. Each of those plants operate with different factory calendars. Plant A runs business 24/7, plant B runs 6 days/week and plant C runs 5 days/week. Depending on which plant the notification is being opened the timeframe to resolve the quality issue may vary because of factory calendar days. The 30 days defined on priority type is a pure reference to a factory calendar independent timeframe.

If you want to intervene/override the standard calculations made by system so please explore enhancement QQMA0018.

BR, Julio.