Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an idoc from ecc system to PI which then sends to another system using idoc adapter which in turn refers to RFC destination in xi.

The interface was working fine , but all of a sudden has the error IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE.

Is this due to cache or any user authorization as this is not new interface and pretty old interface which was working fine.

I tried reimporting the metadata, checked st22, no luck.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To give an update, I had changed the idoc receiver to point to original ECC system just to check whether the same outbound idoc gets created as inbound idoc.

This time it did not give any metadata issue. So can i assume that the issue is only on the target system and not with metadata?

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

Please refer the following link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(PI)+com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException...

They are similar to your error.

Hope it helps.

THanks & Regards,

Tejas Bisen

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Got a trace from basis and this was the complete error message.

(3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: The meta data for the IDoc type "HRCC1DNPERSO01" is unavailable.

I am surprised that something which was working fine stopped working all of a sudden.

Regards

Sam

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I had configured a NFS drive and tried running the interface. This time it went on without any issues.

Does it mean that there is an issue with metadata at the target system side?

Since the sxmb_moni finishes the call adapter successfully, I believe the issue might be at the target system side.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam ,

There can be a possible issue with the target system.

Please check the reciver systems has maintained the inbound partner profile and Logical system correctly.

Was there any recent patchign activity on the target system?

Thanks

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

To be honest, the receiving system is a windows server where we are connecting via a RFC destination through registered server program. So, I dont have a clue what they do but will check with them.

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the Tr code - IDX2 and check whether mete data is available or not. if meta data is not available ple import using same Tr code.

Regards

Srinivas

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

As mentioned in my post, I have already tried reimporting the metadata, but it still does not work. I dont think this is anything to do with metadata issue.

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be the Unicode issue or IDoc metadata is not exactly same as the IDoc structure. Can you copy and paste the exact error message?

Thanks,

Kanda

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How do i view the full error message in sm58. I can see only IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE.

Do you mean unicode issue in receiving system? I had tested RFC connection and it looks fine..

Regards

Sam

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I hope it is double stack system.

Can you delete the existing Metadata and try load it again.

Thanks,

Kanda

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kanda,

It is a dual stack system only. I have already tried that as well. It is not working.

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the RFC destination used in the IDX1 port is set the option Unicode (Unicode Tab) in PI.

Also check the option to Default setting in the Character conversion area.

Thanks,

Kanda

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kanda,

No luck still, did all you had asked for.

Regards

Sam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Have you stop a start the channel after to set the unicode option?

(PI) IDoc remains stuck in SM58 of sender system with exception "IDocException occurred&amp...

regards.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki

I am using idoc receiver adapter, do you mean stopping this channel? I dont think we can view this in adapter engine.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

My wrong, i think you are not using IDOC_AAE adapter.

Regards.