cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding of Fields on the UI

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, can some one guide me on how can I unhide a few fields on the UI for Material not on the UIBB level . Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The title of the question is a little misleading. Your question is actually about adding fields to the UI; correct?

If it is about hiding, in MDGIMG you can disable (make read-only) fields by taking those fields out of scope.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah, No i do not want to add fields to the UI . I want to hide the existing fields on the UI for a standard Data Model . can you please let me know where exactly we can make it read only on the MDG IMG. Also when you say read only does it mean the fields are visible on the UI but only is freezed status ??? Because my requirement is that i do not want the Label and the text box to be seen on the UI Hope this clarifies. Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just removing a field from the UI is very simple. It is a standard FPM exercise and not specific to MDG. Basically, you need to customize the FPM UIBB that contains the field. Please do some research on how to do that. For a starter, here is the FPM Developer Guide. You don't have to read the whole thing but it is a good idea to learn FPM if you are going to work with MDG a lot. Also, the guides in the link I posted earlier, contains many "how-to" on customizing the UI. Please review them. Look for the word UIBB and check out how to be able to customize them.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah, Got what i was looking for in the below link. Thanks for your help http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/902b42ec-a569-2e10-4a83-b2d277570... regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

You can't hide fields at the Data model level, If you want to hide fields you can do at Change request level please follow the below steps;

T. Code : MDGIMG

Step 1:

Process Modelling -> Change Request -> Configure Properties for Change Request Step

Step 2:

Select the "Type of change request" type and double click on the 'Change request step' at the left side of the screen under dialog structure

Step 3:

Select the Change request step on the right side of the screen, Double click on the entity types per change request step

Step 4:

Select the entity type on the right side of the screen , Double click on the 'Attributes per change request step -> you change the field properties in the screen as required.

You can also maintain the field dynamically based on roles, Please follow the the user guide how to maintain the fields dynamically based on roles;

http://scn.sap.com/community/mdm/master-data-governance/blog/2013/02/26/hiding-fields-dynamically-ba...

thank you,

Parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the field already part of the data model? If not, you will need to enhance the data model first before the field can be enabled.

Please see this document for different scenarios on how to extend the data model, the UI and all sorts of enhancements to MDG. This should always be your starting point for researching any MDG issues.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on respective UIBB. Select the option visible - click on it and save it.

Kiran

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I do not want to Hide the fields on the UI Level but I want to make the changes on the Data Model Level.

How can this be achieved

PS :

I have already checked the option of configuring this in the Change Request level , but the issue there is that Every Change Request -> Entity Type combination -> Attribute has to be configured .

Appreciate if you can guide on a better method that can be done on the Data Model level.

regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vag

You can't hide or unhide any field at data model level. You can use the change request option or through UI.

In data model, you can decide whether the field is required to fill up or optional.

You can also refer to the document link shared by Abdullah.

Thanks

Kiran