cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Standard used in SRM-SUS for Purchaser - Vendor Document Exchange?

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

For exchange of electronic documents like ASN, PO, PO Response, Confirmations etc. between buyer and seller, which EDI standard is used in SRM-SUS?

Say there are two different vendors one from North America using ANSI X 12 as EDI Standard and other from Europe using EDIFACT, how is the document exchange handled for these two different seller / edi standard in same SUS system?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

the exchange of documents in the SRM-SUS or MM-SUS scenario always happens between the SUS system and the connected backend system (SRM or a SAP ECC system). In both cases there is a SAP PI system needed in between, for the document mapping and routing. There is no document exchange directly with the vendor's system, so the EDI standard used by the vendor is not relevant for SUS.

regards

Zoltan

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the reply. So no interaction with Vendor system it is all between two SAP systems, so what is the standard or rule used with in SAP? Since there is an exchange of electronic document some EDI standard must be used?

How is the invoice format and XML payload fields are decided?

Not sure if my questioned is framed correctly but I am just trying to understand roel of EDI in SRM SUS scenarion

Thanks,

Anubhav

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what standard SAP uses, but it is not really relevant. At least not for the SUS scenarios. The IDOCs from ECC will be sent to the PI system which will convert them to XML format and send it to the SUS system. Since both PI and ECC system are from SAP, they will speak the same EDI standard for sure.

For SUS we have two scenarios, SRM-SUS and MM-SUS. In SRM-SUS the PO is created in an SRM system locally and sent to SUS. All communication will take place between these two system via XML messages on both sides (of course a PI system is mandatory in this case as well).

In the MM-SUS scenario the PO will be created in ECC and transferred to SUS. Depending on ECC release there are two different possibilities for this, either the ECC system sends EDI IDOCs or it sends XML messages directly. IDOCs will be mapped to XML by PI in all cases, as the SUS system will always receive and send XML messages only.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

We are trying to send PO information from MM to SUS and I see can following link possible scenario between these 2 systems.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Interfaces+used+in+the+MM-SUS+scenario

Is there possible to send information about PO from MM to SUS without using PI/XI.

Regards

Sanjay

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

no it is not possible to use any of the SUS scenarios without PI/XI. PI/XI is mandatory.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Answers (0)