cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't convert stack XML file using report RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK for upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues/ SAP Experts,

Here is a background. 2 weeks ago, we have generated an XML stack file using MOPZ in solman 7.1 for the following systems (P6D which is DEV,

P6Q which is quality, P6R which is regression and P1P which is production). We were at our technical cutover rehearsal phase and the system that we were rehearsing was P6R. But AFTER our technical cutover, a new java component, which is seeburger as2 adapter, was installed in P1P, PRODUCTION. Thus, the landscape  of P1P has changed as a new component was introduced and we believe that the generated XML file 2 weeks ago will no longer be valid for P1P. Instead of generating another xml file thru mopz for P1P, we would like to use report RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK_XML to convert the XML file OF P6R to map it toP1P.  I have uploaded P6R XML and the target is P1P. So as you can see, P6R XML (source) --> P1P target.

Actions already done are the following:

1) Fulfilled and followed the resolution in note: 1711612

RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK_XML Report Troubleshooting

2) SAP-OSS is working in SM59

Basically, program RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK does not convert the Regression system's xml to the target, which is production. Kindly see attached screenshot. *the screenshot shows only 1 component in error but upon clicking the 'next difference' button, it will still show other components. I have checked my lmdb settings, will there be workaround for the issue?

Regards,

Meinard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the components of the systems P6R and P1P are on the same level and if you have already created a stack file for P6R successfully then you can use an XML editor to modify the stack file for P1P

I have done this and it works.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Former Member / ,

Thank you  for your replies. Yes I noticed that a new higher patch for one java component was already present when I have regenerated recently for production using mopz. Anyways, SAP has returned a message wherein they edited the xml file themselves. Most of errors were eliminated only error was kernel versions was not matched. We need to upgrade kernel of our production and test if it works. Hopefully it will. Thanks though at first we did not edit the xml as according to one sap note I read it will not be supported by SAP. Closing this thread now

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great News..!!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was told by one ex-SAP employee that patches of java are released every fortnight and I found this to be true. If your system includes a JAVA stack then on generating the new XML the "patch level" can be different from the one generated before. This will also bring a difference in patch levels for your java component when your compare it with other systems. You might have already download the pactches too. So, if you already have a valid XML for any of these system and are at same levels, better you edit the XML as Reagan Benjamin suggested, if copy function is not working. It works and I have used the same method before.

Regards,

Divyanshu