cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity (PI) TMX configuration Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Our current implementation we need to integrate SAP ECC with SAP TM using PI ,for this some of our consultants have used

SAP best practises document for connectivity ,could you please tell that is the way to integrate and how to test the scenario too.

unfortunately i am unable to attach the document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I would advice that you go standard IDoc route, but where you use custom IDoc's(ZIDoc) then go the proxy route.

Please also see the post i found that might provide suggestions.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

Actually they have downloaded some standard content for TM in ESR and created some

integration scenarios and later they have used a model from ESR repository,all the components

were generated. i am not getting whether this is the right way to integrate

and how to test the scenario .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Ok great. So it the ESR has been created and the ICO then you should be ready to test.

Will it be possible to tell me a few things so i can suggest how you would be able to test?

Please chech the sender and receiver channel what Adapter Type you are using? And please also check in the Operational Mapping what Service Interfaces you are using(IDoc's or Custom built data types)

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jannus,

they are following the below steps

1.1      Apply Integration Model from ESR

1.1.1  Order Integration

Use

In this activity you transfer a standard integration scenario for the Order Integration from the Enterprise Service Repository (ESR) to the Integration Builder.

Procedure

1.     In the Integration Builder: Configuration screen, choose ToolsApply Model from ES Repository.

2.     Select the Process Integration Scenario radio button.

3.     Using the input help in the list on the right, select the configuration scenario TM_ERPOrderIntegration and choose Apply.

4.     The fields within ES Repository Model Reference should contain the following entries:

Field Name

Input Value

Name

TM_ERPOrderIntegration

Namespace

http://sap.com/xi/TMS/Global/IC

Software Component Version

SAPTM IC 1.10

5.     Choose Continue.

6.     On the Transfer Model from ES Repository screen, select the following scenario name:

Field Name

Input Value

Name

TM_ERPOrderIntegration_<YourERP>CLNT<client>_<Your TM>CLNT<client>, for example, TM_ERPOrderIntegration_RT5CLNT180_RTTCLNT110

Choose Finish.

7.     The result is displayed on the next screen. Choose Close.

8.     In the Model Configurator, choose Assign Components (the first button under the component view). The first system is highlighted in red.

9.     Go to the Business system components for A2A tab.

10.  Go to the Communication Component field and use the value list on the right-hand side.

11.  On the Choose Communication Component screen, select the following value under Search criteria:

Field Name

Input Value

Value

All Business System Components

12.  Select the corresponding system (your ERP Business System) in the list that appears and choose Apply.

13.  Choose the right arrow button for Next role and repeat steps 8-12 for your SAP TM Business System.

14.  Choose Configure Connection in the top area.

15.  Return to the Connections from Component Assignment tab.

16.  Use the input help to assign the communication channel for the receiver system in the right-hand area (Receiver Business System Components).

17.  In the Choose communication components dialog box, select the following line:

Field Name

Input Value

Communication Channel from Receiver Agreement

GeneratedReceiverChannel_XI

18.  Choose Apply.

19.  Choose the blue arrow to go to the next connection.

20.  Repeat steps 16-19 for each required connection.

21.  Choose Create configuration objects. In this step, you create all the configuration objects that you require for your integration scenario. You can also run a simulation for testing purposes.

22.  In the Create configuration objects dialog box in the General section, select the Generation radio button and the Use existing radio button in the Change List for Generated Objects section.

23.  Choose Start. The system creates all the required configuration objects.

24.  The results of the generation process are displayed in a log. You do not have to save the log.

25.  Choose Apply.

26.  In the right-hand area, choose Save.

27.  After creating all the objects, go to the Change Lists tab. Select the entries for your user from the list and choose the Activate option from the context menu.

28.  In the dialog box, select all the entries and choose Activate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

Please have a look at the links below. These discuss what you are doing. So it should help. It is a lot to read so will read through it a bit later. But from what i saw it does seem like standard IDocs.

So i would suggest just trigger a Order Idoc from ECC and let it go to PI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm81/helpdata/en/fb/4acd18495b45e7ab83a584ecb47ded/content.htm?frameset=...

TM_ERPOrderIntegration - Enterprise Services and ESR Content - SAP Library

Configuring Integration of Orders and Deliveries - ERP Logistics Integration - SAP Library

Remember to awards points if helpful. You will get more help if you reward guys.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Answers (0)