cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please point me in right direction

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

New here but glad to be part of, My work experience on SAP is limited to P2P and in a trading company where MRP was hardly utilised due to short product lifecycle. I am going to a role where both P2P and demand planning would be needed and not sure what learning resource i can use to prepare myself before i start in new job as my exposure to demand planning in SAP is next to nothing.

Role itself is Buyer for Large scale retail grocery distribution just to give idea on environment I will be working in.

any help is appreciated.

regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You may refer to the SCM 220 Standard SAP Demand Planning book or any other generic demand planning and forecasting book to get more knowledge in this area. Also, online help is available on help.sap to get details to any demand planning topic.

Regards,

Umesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

This is good beginning to read SAP Help on Demand Planning and additionally reading stuff by doing Google search.

Demand Planning - SAP Library

Demand Planning is very interesting area and lot of online resouces are available to master the subject and also master the skills in SAP-APO.

You can always look for answers to your queries on SAP SCN.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Apart from SCM 220, please refer  SCM 221 Features and Functions of Demand Planning & SCM210 on CIF ( ECC & SCM Connection).

The main points you should focus on are: -

1. Navigation of the Interactive Planning table
  2. Setup and use of various Forecasting techniques
  3. Creation and Maintenance of Demand Planning Master Data
  4. Life cycle Planning
  5. Promotion Planning
  6. Release/Transfer from Demand Planning
  7. Mass Processing
  8. Integration scenarios with Collaborative Planning

Happy Learning.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Umesh and Rahul, Certainly gives me direction to proceed, one query though I have found some reading material on scm 220 online but thats cut down version giving basics and rest is missing which i believe is only available on purchase.  Is there a book that covers both SCM220 and SCM221? thanks again.