cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Record measured values and required characteristic?

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Could you please let me know the difference between Record measured value indicator and required characteristic?

when i press F1 it says for Record measured value, if you set this indicator, measured values for this characteristic have to be inspected and confirmed.

Exactly it does the same when you select the required characteristic indicator, you need to enter the result for a req characteristic and change status to 5.

Please let me know the difference.

Thanks,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

There is a big difference between these two control indicators.

Record measured Values: If you Do not set this indicator then while result recording this characteristic will not be open for result recording, it will be greyd out.

So meaning of "measured values for this characteristic have to be inspected" is You are going to record results for this Characteristic.

Required Characteristic : If you set this Indicator, then at the time of Usage decision system will check if results for this characteristics are recorded and confirmed or Not. if results are not recorded or results are not confirmed then system will give Warning message like "Results are not confirmed etc".

So meaning of "the inspection characteristic must be inspected." is results to be entered and confirmed, if not, system will give warning message at the time of UD.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor

I might add that Record measure values only applies to quantitative characteristics.  So if you check this, you can only record defects against the characteristic and you must provide a manual valuation for it.

Required characteristic applies to both types of characteristics and as Amol indicated, you must record data against the characteristic and close it, otherwise you get warning/error messages and you must do extra steps to make the UD and close it.

Craig

0 Kudos

Thanks Craig for your additional Information on clarifying the difference between them.

Pavan

0 Kudos

Amol,

Thank you for elaborating the differences to me and i appreciate your quick responses.

Amol/Craig,

I have some other business questions, I want to direct them directly to you since they cant be posted, could any one provide me with your email id?

Thanks,

Pavan

Answers (0)