cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 application with connect to SAP PI or Direct SAP RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , I want to make application in SMP 3.0 with SAP Backend system with SAP PI or direct RFC from SAP (To use SAP data with SAP PI ) . Can you please suggest ? which one is best approach to start with this application in SMP 3.0 Server . How to connect SMP 3.0 to SAP PI or direct RFC ? Thanks & Regards ,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

There is no way to connect SMP 3.0 directly to any RFCs as SMP 3.0 is based on OData protocol. Every communication has to be through OData.

You may expose RFCs as SOAP WS or OData services. Once it is done, with the help of integration gateway you can do OData modeling and deploy to SMP server.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitendra , Thanks 4 ans but , they  want to get data from SAP backend with SAP PI (Odata should connect with SAP PI instead of SAP Gateway ) . Can i connect Eclipse Odata with SAP PI through SAP Backend system . As per my understanding , Mobile client or application first communicant with Odata . Odata talks to SAP Backend system based on mobile application request and get data from backend and populate in  frontend mobile application . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you look at this blog where he has explained how to expose sap data through smp 3.0