Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System Configuration Super User Issue

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks ,

I have a strange error in Solman SP8 Managed System Config .

In Step 5 : "Enter System Parameters" , for entering super user , it throws an error even though the user credentials are valid.

This happens for some of the managed systems only . The error says : " Issue with connection to system <SID> <Client>".

It does not seem to be using the right RFC and I feel it is checking for the user in 000 client , regardless of which client we give . Because if we give 000 credentials it works.

Please help . As without this I cannot save any of the system parameters like Load Balancer URL etc.

Thanks,

Shaswat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this exact issue when my IE cached the page and was stuck with the client 000 RFC's selected on step 3.  I just exit managed sys config and clear my cache and start solman_setup again. To avoid this all together I set my IE to check for newer versions of stored pages every time I visit page. (under internet options -> general -> browsing history -> tempory internet files)

Then

In step 3 create the user to avoid security issues or auditor problems later on.  This way the SM_ADMIN_XXX will have the proper roles required. Please note (The user is not authorized to use a Trusted RFC (authorization object S_RFCACL). To authorize the user, assign the role SAP_SM_S_RFCACL manually).

Confirm there is no error and hit next.  For an explicit save. 

Now go to step 5 and select the client that the RFC's were created on and hit test credentials.

This should solve your issue. 

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob .

But this issue occurs with different users in different PCs.

This is a system issue which is described in SAP Note 1670189.

I am very sure that for my system (lets call it PRD), 000 RFC gets picked by default .

Because even the extractors were getting created only in 000.

I tried something - changing the READ RFC entry for the row for 000 (in step 3) to the READ RFC for 010. Guess what ? Extractors got created in 010.

But the login problem persists.

@Divyanshu ,

It doesn't throw an authorization error . It says connection issue.

Thanks,

Shaswat

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaswat,

For the correct client, in Step 3, you have you either create or update an existing user with required authorizations.

In case your Managed System/s is based on SAP_BASIS 7.02 or 7.2, you need to add authorization object S_RFC_TT with full authorization for your Managed System/s to roles SAP_SM_USER_ADMIN and SAP_RCA_CONF_ADMIN manually.

That user and it's client is what you should enter here in step 5 for ABAP.

Regards,

Divyanshu

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the user is proper . Whichever user we try it gives the same error message .

It does not seem to be picking the right RFC .

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure user exists in right client and try it again.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

it uses the client number you provided in the step 5. not 000 as default

please attach the screenshot.

Thanks

Jansi