cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion regarding OMM1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Actually , I'v a couple of confusion regarding OMM1 tcode functionality .

1. Assignment of storage unit type to storage type -

here we have to assign one storage type to different storage unit type . Storage unit type , we define earlier . but my asking is , on what basis a storage type assigns with different storage unit type ?? - there's any parameter / rule ??

2 .

Assignment of storage unit type to storage bin type ...

A bin type assigns with different unit types . But , in LS10 for bin creation , we only assign  bin type .... then how , could we interpret bin type assignment with storage unit type ?? ...

thanks in advance ,

regards

arghya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

1. Assignment of storage unit type to storage type -

Based on the physical characteristic of the storage type & SUT you decide what are the storage unit type which can fit into this ( in a simple term Storage unit type is a storage media in which you store material this can be a pallet , basket, carton ) if you are having an area of Length X Breadth X Height of 5 x 2 x 5  mtr then you can accommodate 4 pallet ( 4 x 1.2 mtr) which are having a size of 1.2 mtr x 1.2 whereas in the same rack if you want to store basket which are probably 1 mtr of LBH then you can store more then 4 so the decision of assignment of storage unit type to  storage type is based on the physical characteristic of Storage type and Storage unit type

2) Assignment of storage unit type to storage bin type

Similarly to above example you will always have an area where you can store only basket or only pallet hence it is very important to give a identification to that bin so that only that only the SUT which are meant for that area can go during putaway

Let me know if you need further input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish - sir ... such a great and priceless suggestion I've got from your inputs .

one more clarification , on that I'm begging for your advice  ,...

like in SD / MM - - for calling pricing of material , when we put a material in PO / SO , system first checks out which pricing procedure  / calculation schema assign with sales order or purchase order and vendor  - then , search for the condition types , then access sequence , condition table , key fields , condition records ...

as in the case of put-away and stock - removal , how the system will behave ?? - first they , ask for bin , then bin type - then SUT  , storage section .. like this way or anything else ? .......

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

At high level i am describing the flow for stock removal and putaway

Stock Removal

1) First check the indicator (Stock removal) from the material master WM1 view

2) Based on that entry and process (A) check the storage type search (T334T) table which is define under strategy

3) If entry found,it picks the storage type and check the Picking strategy from the Storage type (this could be FIFO, Shelf Life) based on this it sorts the Quant of stock table (LQUA)

4) Checks the requirement quantity and accordingly start allocating the QUANT

Putaway -

1) First check the indicator (Placement) from the material master WM1 view

2) Based on that entry and process (E) check the storage type search (T334T) table which is define under strategy

3) If entry found,it picks the first storage type and check the putaway strategy from the Storage type (this could be Fixed bin, Next empty bin, Open etc)

4) Based on the above check it search the storage bin in which stock can be placed 

5) Once storage bin is identified then it check the whether incoming storage unit type is allowed in the storage type or not , if no it goes to step 3 and pick another storage type from the search if another storage type is not there then it throw the SUT related error message

6) if yes then it goes and check what are the valid bin type in which this SUT can be accommodated.

7) if incoming SUT is allowed in the identified bin, bin type then it create a transfer order otherwise it throw the error message

There are lot of other small check (e.g. queue assignment / rounding qty etc) are there  however above mentioned i described at High level and covers major part

Let me know  if you need further input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

I have one query ,say example Stock Placement indicator identifes storae type 001 and for this storage type all putaway strategies are defined (fixed bin, Open storage,Addition to existing stock,Empty storage bin etc.)

Now if i make Goods receipt against a PO,which putaway strategy will get picked by default?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kush,

wrt "storae type 001 and for this storage type all putaway strategies are defined"

You can define only one putaway strategy to a storage type you cannot have the strategy Fixed , Open and Next empty bin for the same storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a ton Manish - sir ... your inputs are extremely helpful ...

Answers (0)