cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM error message: Invalid string representation of a CIM reference:(empty)

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have successfully installed a production AS Java system. Now I have been trying to define the system in the solution manager, unfortunately facing BIG problems in doing that!

I have installed the diagnostics agent on both AS and DB hosts.

Then in sm_workcenter, Configure managed system, when configuring the system, it is refusing to search and make a proposal.

Also when going to LMDB / Product systems / Execute Verification Check, the same error as when configuring the system is being shown:

Error in CIM layer; see long text for details

Message no. LMDB_BO006

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the CIM layer.

CIM error message: Invalid string representation of a CIM reference:(empty)

Namespace:

System Response

The current action was aborted.

I have searched for a possible solution and I found SAP Note    2023838 - Error "CIM error message: Invalid string representation of a CIM reference:(empty)" occurs when assigning Product Instances in Solution Manager 7.1. I thought that it is not applicable, as it speaks about AS ABAP and in my case, we have AS Java, but I decided to give it a try anyway! I stopped the AS Java instance, killed all the sapstartsrv processes. Afterwards, I executed cleanipc for the CI and SCS. Then I have deleted the system from the SLD, then started AS Java again, triggered the data collection for the SLD from NWA and did again the same actions in LMDB and SM_WORKCENTER and, as expected, the problem is still there and I am getting again the same error message!!! Please kindly help me to solve this issue...

Thanks a lot!

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems that the problem was solved through SAP Note 2023838 - Error "CIM error message: Invalid string representation of a CIM reference:(empty)" occurs when assigning Product Instances in Solution Manager 7.1.

Just the trick was to wait some time after having done all the steps listed in the note.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you updated CIM/SLD content ?, if not update SAP CIM/CR Content as per this note, this should resolve this issue

669669 - Update of SAP System Component Repository in SLD

Possible cause of error may be the  different JAVA AS version and JAVA/SLD version (lower ?) within Solution Manager.

regards

Swami

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Swami and thanks for the fast reply!

It is true that I have forgotten to write it - this is now the production AS Java. I have updated the CIM content according to note 669669 when I was defining the development AS Java last week.

In that case, LMDB directly said that the CIM content is outdated, so I went on and updated it...