cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One inspection lot for multiple materials of purchase order line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client requirement is one inspection lot for multiple materials of purchase order line items.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for early reply.

Regards,

Jishu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you should define which materials really require quality management, work skip lots in some of them to avoid regular inspections and maybe certify your suppliers in order to define which ones require inspections (to avoid inspections in all of them).

Best regards

CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have also same thought that it is not possible but wanted to share with you expert. As they dont wanted to check all inspection lot because of huge workload I suggested them, let the lot be create, whereever you want do result recording through BDC and rest of lot do forcefull UD by a batch job. 2nd option DMR, for skipping lot, but if they implement this functionality, if the inspection lot not create they will not be to check for that material.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Jishu

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if manual inspection lot can do something with the requirement. Do not activate 01 and but go with 89 and create inspection lot for the material whenever they need to inspect !

Or else, as already stated, there is no way around.

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If all the characteristics are created as optional characteristics, you can use the auto UD program to process the lots. Set the wait period on plant QM parameters to something like 12, 24 or 48 hrs.  Run the job evry 30 min. or so.  Then the lots wil just disappear on a regular basis.  If they choose to inspect something, the lot will be there.  All someone has to do is go in enter in just one character in one characteristis comment field.  It then pretty much becomes required.  So a QA person can randomly select lots that have to be processed in that manner if you wanted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps the business requirement can be achieved with the usage of movement types 103 & 105 in MIGO for POs (without QM inspection lots). Check this thread out:

Mvt Type 103 & 105 | SCN

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Possible.

but You may get one inspection lot for one line item of a purchase order. Means if there are 10 line items, then there will be 10 inspection lots irrespective of no. of GR you do.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what in standard that I know very well. But my requirement is one inspection lot for multiple material assigned in PO item. whenever they want they can check any mateial of the inspection lot.

Please give your tought in some other way or any development.

Thanks,

Jishu

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definitely its not possible using development also. Can you describe the business process in brief, somebody here may have other solution for the query.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I totally agree with Amol.

I don't think I would touch that development nor would I ever tell a client it could reliably be done through development.

Knowing what I know about the table structures, I don't think you could create any development for this that could use a significant amount of the existing tables and functionality.  I think you'd have to create all your own Z tables and basically rebuild the functionality.  Tying it back in with SAP data will be difficult.

You're even looking at all custom screens for your results recording and UD as well.  And if you have follow-on functions like batch classification requirements, batch determination, COA publication, results copy functions, use of DMR and sampling procedures, physical samples, quality notifications, etc. etc.. you could be looking a whole lot of development.

Craig