cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Data deletion in change request after Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing one issue. I am using Add on for MDGM. When CR is sumbitted with plant data it shows it is staging area while CR is in approval process.

But it auto vanishes after final approval of CR and only Basic 1 and Basic 2 data are replicated to ECC.

After verfying SLG1 it shows

USMD6573 - Change request &1 does not contain objects to be replicated - USMD6 573

Diagnosis

The change request either does not have any objects in the object list or no business object types could be found.

System Response

Procedure

If the change request contains objects, contact the system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

In Customizing for Master Data Governanceunder General Settings-> Data Modeling-> Edit Data Model, check if business object types have been assigned to the entity types in the change request. If not, make the assignment and activate the data model.

In Customizing for Master Data Governanceunder General Settings-> Data Replication, check if all the necessary settings have been made.

Here as per me as it is add on no need to define any replication settings.Is this Correct?

Also ne need to assign business activity for type 4 entity types as it works before?

Any suggesstion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After investigating further it seems that one row from Plant section is deleted after approval like below

After Approval

At the time of sumbittion three plants are there but after approval it delete top first row always.

Any clue for this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal/Abdullah

Any suggestion for above issue?

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, I think this should be tracked by a customer ticket. Please provide one with refernce to this threat, also with system access and steps to reproduce.

Best regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruss

Thanks for reply. The issue is fixed after providing valuee for below list of feilds which are not make mandetory in OMS2 ECC but still we need to provide values in MDG for Material Type ERSA with field selection group ROH

1. Weight unit
  2. Trans. Grp
  3. LoadingGrp

Second thing it seems that for MDG 6.1 we can not create Storage Location view (As unable to see storage location field in intial screen

I know for Storage/quality view it is taken care in MDG 7.0

Waiting for your comment on this.

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi there, good on you to find this work-around. Nevertheless, MDG-M shouldn't ignore MARC assignments... Are you a recent SP level for MDG6.1?

MARD was indeed only added with MDG7. You could extend the data model with an entity and the UI with a MARD table easily (check guides in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858#section2). Adding the storage location to the initial screen is (to the best of my knowledge) possible but harder.

The recommended approach is to upgrade to MDG7 (which is Generally Available).

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Thanks for your reply and clarification. But unable to understand why non required fields in ECC OMS9  becomes required in MDG (Like Transporation Group and Loading Group) and secondally why not required  fields in ECC OMS9 not displayed with red astrick in MDG screen?

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, back again...

TRAGR, LADGR and weight unit are usually mandatory if you want to create sales data (maintenance status 'V'). For more information on that topic, please check

On the field property question (red asterix), please check our note on functional restrictions 1701437, especially item 15.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Thanks for clarification!

Do you mean that If we maintaines Sales area in initial screen of MDGM or even in ECC also, TRAGR, LADGR and weight unit becomes mandetory even though it is not maintained in OMS9?

Secondally for MDG 7.0 SP02 unable to see storage location on intial screen but as per SAP document storage view is possible in MDG7.0.Is any specific reason for this?   

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry, can't help you with either question;

the mandatoryness needs to be investigated by someone with system access and MM knowhow (if it's really an issue), and the initial screen was designed so not every key field in the material master is exposed on the initial screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

No worries.Thank you!