cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Tariff Code Structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

We have the legal requirement to change the Tariff Code Structure for one of the countries currently live in GTS, from 8 digits to 10 digits.

Attached is the data impact of this initiative.

Are there tools available to facilitate the expiration of master data records (8 digit) and the creation of new (10 digits).

Please advise.

Regards

Anton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Were you successful with the activity of uploading the new data with the numbering scheme change?

I'm evaluating the choice of using /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3, I have close to 1.5 million products to be updated with the new numbers. Let me know if you had success and whether the file had a restriction of 30K lines when you performed the upload.

Thanks,

Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I think that for such a change you have a certain cut-over day when this change needs to happen ?

You are not explaining why it is important to set the existing codes to 'expired'...

What you can to achieve your goal in a simpler way hopefully :

1) Configure the new numbering scheme

2) Assign the new numbering 10 digit scheme to the existing legal regulation with affective FROM date as your cutover date. maybe see table /sapsll/tlegsu and its customizing view... leave the old 8 digit code assignment in the system

3) Voila, on the cutover date the system starts to use 10 digit codes

From what you wrote, i think the new and old numbering schemas can co-exist peacefully, just the assignment to leg reg and the effective date will decide which one is used by the system (also based on document key dates like delivery date)..

If you really need to 'invalidate' or 'expire' the old 8 digit entries ( what about audit ?) -  you`ll have to build a Z program to change /sapsll/ctsnum, and /sapsll/ctsgen entries for your old numbering scheme..

And to trim the classification period for codes assigned already to materials you`d have to adjust /sapsll/prcts table

Regards,

Branio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

Thank you for the reply.

Business are keen to have the old Tariff Code, Classifications, Duty Rate expired before I link the country to the new Tariff Code Structure to the existing legal reg.

Are there tool to assist with mass expirations?

We would assign the new Tariff Code Structure to the existing Legal Reg.; then continue with load new Tariff Codes (10 digit), Classifications and Duty Rates.

Are there tools to assist with mass loading of records?

Kindly advise.

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

- for Mass 'expiration', i dont think there is any tool. If you need just to adjust the validity period of the HS codes and validity period of Material HS code assignment, you can do it simply with a Z program to change the records in the tables mentioned above

- for mass load - a good way to load material classification is report /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3     In the original intention, it is designed to upload records from ECC MARC table that are downloaded into a text file from SE16. But of course you can prepare your own file to fit the upload program and mass upload the codes into system. It takes a bit of tinkering with the file sometimes, but works reliably..

Regards,

Branio