cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a dynamic join in SAP HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a dynamic join in SAP HANA and how it works? Please explain me with the example , how to use it?

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor

A quick search in SCN for "HANA Dynamic join", would have pointed you to the link below.

It should answer your questions.

But next time, please search yourself before posting the question.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've already gone through that link but as I am very new to HANA and sql stuff. I was able to understand the type of joins (inner,outer..etc) but the specific Dynamic join, couldn't really understood in that link.

It would be good, if you can reply the explanation in generic terms of my question.

Thanks,

Sree

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

In very simple and basic terms:

If you have table A and B with columns C1, C2, and C3 used in multi-column join (with Dynamic join set to true) from both the tables, then depending upon which columns you select in the query, ONLY those columns will be used in the join.

For ex. if you select C1, C2 in the select statement, then the join will happen only on C1 and C2, C3 will not be used in the join criteria, even if the join definition involves all the 3 columns.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your explanation!

This is what I wanted to understand. Now, I'll go ahead and practice the example you suggested(infact I also seen) earlier.

Thanks again.

Thanks,

Sree

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of SAP HANA

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)