cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pi monitoring in business process monitoring vs PI in technical monitoring WC

0 Kudos

Dear members

I was given a order to investigate PI monitoring in business process monitoring , but on further investigation , it seems to me that more can be achieved via the Technical monitoring workcenter ?

Unfortunetly I am not a PI user / expert, but know a bit about bpm .

We are on SM 7.10 and PI release 7.40.

I was hoping somebody could give me direction ons what exactly is the difference ? and what is the best route to go ? Have done quite a bit of reading but have not manage to find a clear answer

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Please take a look at the PI monitoring wiki link below if you have not done so already. PI Monitoring is done through Technical Monitoring for SOLMAN 7.1.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/PiMon_Home?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn.sap.com

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Thank you Roland

I have seen this link and it 's great, but I would like like to know in short if possible, what exactly is the difference between PI monitoring via technical monitoring workcenter or PI and interface monitoring in the business process monitoring workcenter.

I guess it would be best practice to first get the the technical monitoring active and then only BPM ?

thanks for your feedback

Carla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Carla,

PI monitoring in Technical monitoring workcenter is most on technical adminisration purpose, you could acheive the end to end monitoring for PI message scenarios, it has very recent interface channel monioring, enhanved message flow monitoring, check out

but in bpmon, you need to define the process stpes and interfaces, not exactly suits for pi scenarios, it would be considered most for Business process interface scenarios.

for your case,  I propose for PIMon instead of bpmon.

Thanks and best regards

Jansi

0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi !