cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry and Sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I want to use the Inquiry creation bapi for creating the inquiry , but i was told to use the SD change bapi for change scenario . Please tell me the difference or similar about the Inquiry and sales document .

please share your ideas!

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In simple terms YES you can use BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA to create Inquiry if creating an inquiry object alone is your requirement.

However, just to put it into perspective on how these BAPIs vary per object created, here is my explanation:

In Sales and Distribution we have the following objects:

BUS2030 (Customer Inquiry)

BUS2031 (Customer quotation)

BUS2032 (Sales order)

BUS2034 (Customer contract)

BUS2035 (Customer scheduling agreement)

BUS2094 (Credit memo request)

BUS2096 (Debit memo request)

BUS2102 (Returns)

BUS2103 (Free of charge subsequent delivery)

Ideally the document flow path is Customer Inquiry --> Customer Quotation --> Sales Order etc.,

Subsequent document to an inquiry is Quotation and Subsequent document to Quotation is Sales Order. Which means you can create subsequent documents with reference to the previous document.

Now, if you are interested in using BAPI as an interface to create any of these documents, there is a common function module internally

" BAPI_SALESDOCU_CREATEFROMDATA ".   Depending on the BAPI that you use:

BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA or

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1

the variable Business_object changes and is shown below

I am still not sure if that is the explanation that you are looking for.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijay_padmaraja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Mohan,

Your question is highly specific to the business requirement.

However to explain your question, Sales documents is a title and Inquiry is one of the sales documents.

According to my assumption they would have asked you to choose the SD change BAPI for change scenarios because:

1. Inquiries dont have any necessary impact on the document flow hence changing is not very important and a new inquiry can be created all the same if required.

2. But Sale orders and subsequent documents (Delivery, Invoices) could have impact hence creating every other document instead of change is strongly discouraged hence only change is recommended.

Regards

Vijay

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Inquiry itself is a sales document. The BAPI is same for change sale order, quotation and inquiry etc. There are certain BAPIs which we can use for all sales document categories. If you are not an ABAPer then you could discuss this with some ABAPer in your project or team.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

1, I need to know how we can relate inquiry and sales document .

2. If i create the Inquiry with BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2 , then actually i am creating inquiry or sales document ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2 would be used for the inquiry creation.  You could utilize BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 with the ref_doc fields to build from that.  As advised by MoazzaM, I would recommend discussing with some fellow ABAPers from your team for further advice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can explain the business process and the reasons why you are looking for BAPI, it would be easy to give suitable suggestions.

G. Lakshmipathi