cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail to create DDLOG table

yonghun_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am installing NetWeaver 7.3 > MS SQL Server > SAP System > Application Server ABAP > Standard System

Our environment is SQL Server 2012 Enterprise which is installed by SQL4SAP.bat

And OS is Windows Server 2012 Standard

During installing,  I encountered the error.

Error step is Program 'Migration Monitor' exits with error code 103.

When I saw import_monitor.log, I found out below message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR: 2014-08-11 16:40:39 com.sap.inst.migmon.LoadTask run

Loading of 'SAPSPROT' import package is interrupted with R3load error.

Process 'D:\usr\sap\BAK\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -i SAPSPROT.cmd -dbcodepage 4103 -l SAPSPROT.log -loadprocedure fast' exited with return code 2.

For mode details see 'SAPSPROT.log' file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I checked 'SAPSPROT.lof' file as below

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE TABLE [DDLOG] ( [SEQNUMBER] int NOT NULL default 0 , [TIMESTAMP] nvarchar(26) NOT NULL default N' ' , [SYSTEMID] nvarchar(22) NOT NULL default N' ' , [NBLENGTH] smallint NOT NULL default 0 , [NOTEBOOK] varbinary(MAX) NULL  )  WITH ( DATA_COMPRESSION = ROW ) )

DbSlExecute: rc = 99

(SQL error 1754)

error message returned by DbSl:

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Defaults cannot be created on columns with an IDENTITY attribute. Table 'DDLOG', column 'SEQNUMBER'.

(ALTER TABLE [DDLOG] ADD CONSTRAINT [DDLOG~0] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [SEQNUMBER], [TIMESTAMP] ) )

(SQL error 4902)

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "DDLOG" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

(CREATE  INDEX [DDLOG~DB2] ON [DDLOG] ( [TIMESTAMP]  ) )

(SQL error 1088)

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "DDLOG" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

(DB) INFO: DDSTATHIST created

(DB) INFO: DDSTATHIST~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of DDSTATHIST completed (0 rows) #20140811164015

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the most important reason is failing create table 'DDLOG'.

How can I solve this problem??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sahin_guney
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have had exactly the same issue on Win2k8R2 and SQL-Server2012:

To fix this:

you dont need to create DDLOG table manually and/or modify the SAPSPROT.TSK file !

Problem:

InstMaster Kernel for NW 7.30 (51044252_4) comes with a very old Kernelversion = 7.20 PL 68.

The lib_dbsl library (dbmssslib.dll also with PL68) was not aware of the SQL Server native client software for SQL Server version 11.0 and the import fails.

Check also SNote: 1513170 - Miscellaneous changes for SQL Server 2012 support

Solution:

Just download the latest Kernel 720 (or Kernel 721) and copy it to

<DriveLetter> :\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

retry sapinst and after 10 Mins enjoy below nice message

Execution of

SAP NetWeaver 7.3 > MS SQL Server > SAP Systems > Application Server ABAP > Standard System > Standard System

has completed.

Br,

Şahin Güney

yonghun_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan !!!

As your recommendation, I modified the SAPSPROT.TSK file after created DDLOG Table manually.

And I retry sap installing..

It is success!!!

Thanks so much Reagan Bengamin, also thanks all respondent !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you tried creating DDLOG table Manually and tried  again with installation ?

please do that as there is contrail from SQLserver that is blocking DDLog table to be created .

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Defaults cannot be created on columns with an IDENTITY attribute. Table 'DDLOG', column 'SEQNUMBER'.

so there is problem with standard SQL statement .

(CREATE TABLE [DDLOG] ( [SEQNUMBER] int NOT NULL default 0 , [TIMESTAMP] nvarchar(26) NOT NULL default N' ' , [SYSTEMID] nvarchar(22) NOT NULL default N' ' , [NBLENGTH] smallint NOT NULL default 0 , [NOTEBOOK] varbinary(MAX) NULL  )  WITH ( DATA_COMPRESSION = ROW ) )

So please try to execute this table manually at SQL if you are able to create the table then re-try with installation

i think it will go ahead.

Regards

Dishant Pathak.

yonghun_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant

Thanks your reply.

I already tried to create DDLOG table manually.

So, I executed below SQL without default value in SEQUNMBER field because SQL Server didn't allow using both IDENTITY and Default simultaneously

CREATE TABLE [DDLOG] ( [SEQNUMBER] int IDENTITY(0,1) NOT NULL, [TIMESTAMP] nvarchar(26) NOT NULL default N' ' , [SYSTEMID] nvarchar(22) NOT NULL default N' ' , [NBLENGTH] smallint NOT NULL default 0 , [NOTEBOOK] varbinary(MAX) NULL  )  WITH ( DATA_COMPRESSION = ROW )

and create table was success.

but When I retry installing, DDLOG table which made manually was deleted by installing program.

and installing program also pop up error message likes can't create table 'DDLOG'.

Anybody know how to avoid this error message or skip deletion of DDLOG table while installing?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you pls update the latest log

BR

SS

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have created the DDLOG table manually then modify the SAPSPROT.TSK file with OK and retry in sapinst.

Regards

RB

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello S Park, Did you use latest SWPM and compatible kernels which are recomended? Regards Munish