cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can I control, the third party PO should only be trigger if SO is not committed?(means stock is not available in the system)

Kindly suggest!!

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in standard SAP system, seems to be impossible, as when to generate purchase requisition/purchase order automatically by configuring schedule line category, its availability checkbox is not allowed to be checked and therefore my understanding is that availability check (to see if SO can be committed) and purchase requisition are exclusive to each other..

though, there could be a walk-around:

go to schedule line category assignment menu, and maintain some other schedule line categories for manual entry, and these additional schedule lines should be for purchase requisition automatic generation - so that in case you found the sales items can't be fully confirmed by the original schedule lines, delete them and manually create a new schedule line with the schedule line category you maintained for manual entry

by the way, if you want to generate PO automatically, you should check on the box in sales item category for 'create PO automatic'

correct me if I am wrong, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I have to create the PO not PR directly when stock is not committed in SO.

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search in Google with the text "automatic PO against sale order" so that you will find some inputs.  Take those inputs and tell to your technical team to validate the table MARD for the combination of Plant and Storage Location and if stock is available, system should proceed with next activity; else, it should trigger a PO.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Bridge between Sales Order and Purchase Order is Purchase Requisition. Purchase requisition is requirement to procurement team to procure the material required by sales. Process is completely depend on the business.

In order to achieve your requirement, you can call up BAPI upon saving the Sales Order, the condition should be this BAPI should be called only when schedule line is not confirmed.  To Create PO, system has to pass Sales Order No, Material, Quantity, Plant , Account Assignment Category etc. Please note that Material should have source list in place else system will not determine Vendor in PO.

Other way would be through Idocs, I feel this may require time and efforts.

However my concern here is, there will not be direct link between PO and Sales Order. What I mean here is, if the PR created via sales order you will be able to track the status of Order Material through document flow it self.

Regads

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your valuable suggestion.

I have already implemented the automatic POSO process via IDOC.

But now while implementing the SOPO process, I am getting stuck in commitment part means if the business wants to create the PO of only those articles who fully or partially have not been committed.

If it is Full qty PO then I will handle the situation via IDOC.

Is there standard way available!!

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We are also on the same track, but this will effect the SAP system performance(inconstancy) because

SO contains arrox 4k to 5k line items.

So if possible, kindly suggest any standard way.

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I would suggest, take input from technical team, so that is there a way to standardize the codes (in case if it is due to codes written by ABAPers). By this I mean, is there a better logic write the codes which is already written.

This is normally happens when you have multiple loops, hence system would definately take some time for it.

Also consult the BASIS team and check if they have any input for this.

Other than the above suggestion, I do not think of anything currently

Regard

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Whether to procure or issue from the stock is a decision to be taken. Hence system itself cannot automatically trigger PR (I assume it is PR not PO) from Sales Order. This could be possible only when you have treated this item as always procured based on the customer order. This could be achieved by item category settings.

However your case is little different, you have a stock item, when there is no stock is available system should automatically generate PR. This you can look in two ways.

One, keeping this item for MRP, so system will create PR based on the MRP. Second would be to do a small enchancement, where stock is not confirmed system should automatically update the item category and schedule line category so that it will inturn trigger PR.\

I hope this information will help.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there any possibility for configuration this???

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh Kumar

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using the 'HAWA' material, then assign the both Item category group and Item category as 'YBNA', Maintain the MRP Type as 'PD', Strategy Group as '40' in the MRP views.

Also, assign the item category to your sales order document.

If the above settings are all perfectly done, now once you create the Sales Order document system creates Purchase Requisition automatically.

Revert back if my comments suits you.

Anandkumar KS

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are "Trading Goods" stocked material?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Thanks & Regards

Ritesh Kumar