cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Management - Request to Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am on 7.1 SP10 and are wondering if someone has a way of converting a request into a document from the workcenter?

The way it works now is through the ITSM / web ui and it is not really beneficial for customers that work in the workcenter, to open and handle it in the web ui, since it is the only thing that happens is the conversion from a request to a document.

Hope that someone has input on this.

Nicolai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

basically job request is the crm service doc, job document is the normal doc stored in solman kw.

best practise that always use job document and job request in an integrated way, as you mentioned done via ITSM refer here

Processing Job Requests with IT Service Management - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

this can also posible via action profiles,

otherway you can import jobs directly to the job documents as here

or refer FAQ Job Scheduling Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki question 3 from top.

all the posiblities via itsm explored, are you looking this kind of integration or could you provide more details ( kind of visualisation ) on your requirement.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Thank you for your answer.

I am looking for a possibilities without touching ITSM.

Let's say one would like to receive job requests, but don't need the approval flow. It would be a lot easier to convert the request in the workcenter, instead of opening ITSM, handling status codes, convertion, closing incident/change etc.

Kinda looking for the feature in ITSM, where you click to create the documentation from the request - but in the workcenter instead.

I understand that it does not work this way and also that right now, when you create a request, it will come with an incident or change, but I was wondering if there was some sort of workaround for this.

Nicolai