[Agentry] Strange sub-action behavior on Android client 6.0.44.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Environment

Android 4.4.4 on Nexus 7

Agentry 6.0.44.1 client

Agentry 6.0.44 editor/server

Here is description of the problem.  I have an action with two sub-actions.

The first and second actions each has an execution rule.

When this action is called, the client crashes after Action 1's completion. When the client restarts, the rule for Action 1 no longer holds so Action 2 is executed. If I swap the order of these two actions, the result is that client crashes after Action 2 and restarting the client will finish Action 1.

Note that

1. If if this action only contains either Action 1 or Action 2, the client won't crash;

2. The same Action (with both sub-actions) won't crash on iOS client;

3. There is no correlation between these two sub-actions and their execution rules;

4. None of these two sub-actions involves any UI change; (transactions without screens);

5. Both sub-actions contain transmit. However, the log shows normal transmit activities in each sub-action even in the crashing case;

Any comments on this behavior?

Thx.

-Yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After another round of test, the problem is identified as one action on Android client cannot contain two "transmit". As long as there is only one transmit, the action can finish without any issue.

The reason why I use multiple subactions containing separated "transmit" is to have fine granularity control of which fetch to be executed. There are rules for sub-action but no rule can be used against fetches in one transmit.

Anyway, this behavior doesn't occur on iOS/Windows Mobile clients. I will try some workaround for Android client.

-Yang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the Actions doing?

You may need to open a ticket with support so the Agentry Development team can run the client through the debugger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I made a simple example. An empty screen with an action button. The sub-action is a transmit. There is no main fetch in the application. Therefore, the sub-action does minimal thing.

Yet in this case, if the action button calls transmit for twice, the Android client crashes.

The behavior is the same in 6.0.46 which I got today on a Android 4.4.4 tablet.

-Yang