cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating SMP 3.0 Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the inital SMP 3.0 installation, the Oracle database (running on a separate Windows machine) was selected and is being used successfully and SMP is running fine and properly.

However, now it's been decided that the Oracle database that SMP uses should be running on a Linux server instead.  Can these configurations be changed in some SMP configuration file to point to the new Oracle server/database and if so, where are these SMP configurations that point to the database?  Is the file "SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\config_master\connection_data" the place and can it be edited via a text editor?  If this is the file, are there any others that would need to be updated?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed.

Did you find an answer for your question ?

Do you know for a fact that SMP is supported on a DB installed on Linux ?

Søren Hansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Søren,

No, I never was able to get a resolution to migrating the DB.  I tried updated a few configuration files that I found, but they would get overwritten when I stopped/started the DB.

Regarding running the Oracle DB for SMP on a Linux server, yes that is possible as that is now what my configuration is.  I did a complete uninstall and re-install of SMP in order to point to the new DB, but it works fine under Linux.

Ed