cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3 with Multiple Agentry Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that with the current release of SMP 3.0 (SP03 PL2) there is no capability to create multiple Agentry applications under the same SMP server.  Two question.

1) For now, is it possible to install SMP 3.0 on the same physical server but into a different folder (say instance 1 in "C:\SAP" and instance 2 in "D:\SAP") and have both services running two different Agentry applications?  Or do I truly have to have two totally separate servers?

2) In the future, I've heard that a later release (SP04 according the the SMP 3.0 Overview webinar series) will allow for multiple Agentry applications to be defined within the same SMP server instance.  Is this still the case for this functionality to be delivered in this Service Pack?  If not this service pack, when?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ed,

1) No, the installer will detect it was already installed and not allow you to install a second time.  Given the ports used by the platform you could in theory run two instances at the same time if you changed all the ports (not documented).

On my development machine, after installing the base server I zipped up the MobilePlatform3 directory and then unzip it to create additional instances of the server as needed for different applications.  However, the difference is I am only running one instance of the server at a time (to avoid any port issues).

2) Yes, this is still planned for SP04 targeted for release in September.

--Bill

Answers (0)