cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is control error? Please need help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting my script to work. I just want to go to iw32 and pull any field out and put it in the textbox. But I keep getting the same error. "Control not found". Could this be something wrong with the system install? Also, a strange script line "SetTopNode".

Can anyone help me out? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to add a "Refresh Screen" action before you copy the value.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I added the refresh screen above copy value. I am still getting the same error. It appears personas is not reading my order number 8733703. I have tried recording it many times making sure I enter it. Did I do something wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't look at the error closely enough. It says the problem is with step 2, long before you copy anything. You still need the refresh before the copy, so leave that there, but we need to do something at the top of the script.

I'm not sure what step 2 is trying to do - do you recognise it from what you did when recording? At a guess I would say it is spurious - try deleting it and see if that helps.

I'm actually not sure what your script is trying to do. I can see it runs IW32, but how does it select a service order? I see nothing in the script that does that. That could be be not knowing IW32 well enough....

Here's a script that takes an order number from a custom field on SMEN, runs IW33, copies the order description, comes back and pastes it into another field back on SMEN:

This sounds like what you are trying to achieve. Does that help you?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve I think that solves my problems. Thanks for the example! Appreciate your help.

Answers (0)