Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody,

what are the different alternatives where the user can be restricted to have access to only certain reports

4 REPLIES 4

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi "rookie in basis",

1. your reports (if custom development) should execute authorisation checks when being executed.

2. You can restrict access to transaction like SA38 and SE38.

3. You can create custom transaction codes that are used to start reports. This way the access can be restricted or regulated based on authorizations to run the transaction codes being created by you.

Best regards,

André

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam

0 Kudos

hi andre,

Thankyou for your answer.

Please state the same with a step-by-step procedure.say i want to give a user access to just run a report rspo041 and no other report, How can I achieve this?

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said I would create a custom transcation code Z... or a transaction code in another specified customer namespae..

Then you can assign the authorization to start this one report using the transaction that you have created in step 1.

If your report does not contain any additional authorization checks you have to ensure that no other users are entitled to start the transaction Zxxx that you might have created.

Best regards,

Andre

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To give access to run a report, assign SA38 transaction. Tha main auth object that gets pulled is S_PROGRAM. This object consists of two fields:

<u>Authorization group ABAP program</u>:

Name of the program group that the user is authorized to work with.

Programs that are not assigned to a program group can be started and maintained by any user. The function does not support generic names.

<u>User action ABAP program</u>: Permitted activities.

Possible values:

SUBMIT: Start the program

BTCSUBMIT: Schedule the program to run as a background job

VARIANT: Maintain variants (The SUBMIT authorization is necessary here as well, since programs are executed during variant maintenance)

But if you want to give access to only one Report, than you will have to create a Custom Transaction Code using SE93 transaction.

Please visit:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/eb/5fab38d79b11d296190000e82de14a/frameset.htm

to create a Custom Transaction code.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh