cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Incoterms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a search for a question like this and found a few similar, but I wanted to get mine out with the exact scenario.  We are using an EDI ORDERS01 message to create our sales orders for a customer.  This specific customer has a requested that their Incoterms be handled differently for a set of their orders, so they want to map in that field as part of the IDOC.  We found the segment for Incoterms and applied it, but SAP is performing the expected behavior shown below:

• Creates header level of the sales order, replacing the customer master's Incoterms with what is in the IDOC
  • Creates item level of the sales order, inheriting only what is in the customer master instead of allowing the header Incoterms to override

If we go in through change mode after the order has been saved, we can set the Incoterms in the header which then flows down to replace all the items.  That is not feasible, however, as we need the Incoterms to be correct at the item level during the initial save of the order.

We saw the documentation where we can edit configuration through VOV7 to uncheck the Business Item check, thus preventing the item from inheriting different data from the header.  We would not be able to apply that due to other limitations where we do have differing data.  Aside from utilizing a user exit, is there any method for us to accomplish this so that the IDOC's replacement Incoterms would flow to the item level when it too is created?  If not, which user exit may be recommended for replacing the item level fields which were inherited from the customer master?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Kelby,

If I understand right you are looking for a solution for a specific customer.  First check if maintaining incoterms is mandatory in master data. If it is not mandatory to maintain, go to the customer master of this specific customer and in the Billing Documents tab of customer master sales area, remove the incoterms and make them blank and save.

In IDoc EDI ORDERS01 pass incoterms values only in Segment E1EDP17 and nothing in E1EDK17 and give it a try.

I am assuming at order level inco-terms at header level are not made mandatory.

My approach is, let the system not propose incoterms from master data, then do not populate incoterms at header level and ensure different incoterms are populated only at item level.

Let me know if this approach works for you.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

Thank you so much for the thorough explanation.  We were able to achieve what we wanted by utilizing the E1EDP17 segment.

Regards,

Kelby

Answers (0)