cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work flow item is not sent to the sbwp inbox when a notification is created?

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have setup the following configuration so that when a defect is created for type 89 Inspection lot, it should create a notification and sent that notification to the sbwp Inbox of certain user. But some how I'm not able to get that work item to my sbwp inbox. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Assigned notification type F2 to category O2  with catalog profile 000000001, origin: compalint against vendor, updated group stats:33

For 89 inspection type i have selected F2 type notificaiton in Inspection type config and tick 1 quality notification for inspection lot

For catalog profile 000000001 assigned catalog 9 defect types

As shown in the attachment, assigned a agent  User:SAPUSER to the  WS 00200081.

As shown in the attachment assigned the event  linkage triggering events,

when a defect has occured at the time of results recording, a notification is created, But if i got sbwp I dont see a work item over there.

Please let me know if i missing any config.

My plan is to, after I receive the workflow item, I want to redirect that  "notification  created" work item to email id through auto forwarding option in sbwp .

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Have you assigned Receiver Function Module in SWETYPV for Object Type BUS2078 which will send mail to SBWP after event occurs?

Try assigning CV_SWE_EVENT_MAIL or any customized one as an FM here.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I have assigned the above mentioned FM in SWETYPV for object type BUS2078, but still didn't work.

Please find the attachment

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You need to change Receiver type to WS00200081 instead of SBWP.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I have done the changes as above, I have changed the function module to CV_SWE_EVENT_MAIL on the already existing ws00200081 receiver type. but still i didn't get work item.

previously it is using the funciton module sww_wi_create_via_event.

Thanks,

Pavan

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Deselect Enable Event Queue and test again. If still problem exists then let me know what do you see in SWEL.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Amol,

I have done the necessary changes and stil it doesn't work.

Please find the SWEL screen shot

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Workflow settings are Correct, problem is with Password for RFC destination. Check Last message In your second screenshot.

Go through the below link and reset password.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I tried to reset the password but didnt allow me, so i have SAP ALL access and i put my username in that place and my password and i retested again and this is the screen shot, still i didn't get an work item for that. when i check SWEL status it says receiver started correctly.

Thanks,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

This one worked and i got the work items send to my sbwp, but those work item which were sent currently were the defect lots i created 3 days back, I'm not able to get the current work items.

Do I need to use this FM CV_SWE_EVENT_MAIL or  sww_wi_create_via_event . Also let me know if i have to check the enable event queue indicator.

Thanks,

Pavan

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you flag "Enable Event queue" your event delivery will get delayed. When it is un-flagged and if you create any new Defect the receiver is started immediately. This is the reason you did not get current work items.

F1 help on "Enable Event queue" explains it:

This indicator is only evaluated if the event queue is active. If the
indicator is set, the event receiver is started via the event queue. If the
indicator is not set or the event queue is not active, the receiver is started
immediately.

Once the event has occurred in the system, this receiver is not started
immediately, but is first put into the event queue. The event queue is processed
at regular intervals by a background job. Processing the event via the event
queue means that the system load can be reduced if a lot of events occur for
this linkage in a short period of time. The load reduction is achieved by not
calling the transactional RFCs for the start of the receivers immediately
(increasing the load on RFC processing), but in small numbers with time delays
instead.

Using the event queue hence delays the calling of the receivers.

As far as FM is concerned i have not worked with sww_wi_create_via_event, but yes, you can try and let us know what difference these two FM has.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Thanks Amol,

I'm getting the work item immediately when i removed the event queue inidcator. Thanks for the help.

Also, I'm getting only work items when i place the receiver FM to SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT but not getting work items if i place the FM as CV_SWE_EVENT_MAIL.

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (0)