cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the Inbound child IDOcs in PI 7.4 Single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to know the procedure of tracking the Inbound child IDocs in PI 7.4 Single stack.

Here is the detailed description.

Say we are getting the data from third party system and the message may have multiple IDOcs in it. The message has processed successfully from PI and reached to the target system(ERP). So, now my question is how to track the IDOc count with in that message.

Please suggest on the same.

Thanks in Advance,

Venkateswarlu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Bojjani,

Currently this feature is not supported for Single stack, please find the below links which can be useful in your scenario.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3551856

Comparison of IDoc Adapter (IE) and IDoc Adapter (AAE) - SAP NetWeaver PI Reference Documentation - ...

Hope this will helpful.

Regards,

Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

you can try following steps :

SAP NWA -> SOA -> Monitoring -> IDoc Adapter Monitor - > Advanced filter -> use the message identifier for which you want to search the idocs.

You will be listed all the idocs in the messge,ie, the count of idocs as well as the idoc numbers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if the IDOC number matches with the one which gets created in ECC?

I don't see that.

I tried using TID to call the FM "INBOUND_IDOCS_FOR_TID" but even that seems to ineffective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Idoc numbers do not match in ECC and PI. I also tried with FM, but didnt work for me either.

In my case, the idoc flow was less, so I checked the IDOC process time from PI, then in ECC WE05, checked for my idoc type & same idoc processing time.

for double verification, messsage IDs are same and that u can comapre with in control records -> detail field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

I checked and not found the option called "Message Identifier" in it.

But still i would like to know how would you get the child IDOcs list based on the Message Identifier field value. Do we have to put this value in some table and execute with in PI? I would like to see the child IDOCs count in PI, not in ECC.

Thanks,

Venkat B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

My Question is, how to track the list of IDOcs including child IDocs within PI (The single incoming message may generate multiple IDOCs in target ECC system) when you get a data from third party system.

In dual stack it is easy to track the Inbound IDocs by using OutboundReference field in SXMB_MONI. Now how to achieve this in Single stack(JAVA only option).

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks,

Venkat.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for IDOC tracking similar to IDX5, then it's not supported in PO.

However you can make use of user defined message search to search based on key value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for your inputs. According to the link IDOC Status, Tracking in SAP PI/PO Single Stack I am thinking the required funcionality is not there in PO 7.4, but still i would like to have little more clarity before moving further.

I will explain what what was happening in PI 7.11 so that you can understand what i am looking for in PO 7.4.

We will get the data from third party system in xml format, we had to search for the messages based on interface name and time range within SXMB_MONI. After getting the result(say the output is 100 messages), we will download the values of "Outbound Reference" field(which is a key to find the child messages for messages resulting in an Interface Collection). Below is the snap of Outbound Reference field for your reference.

Now we will go to the table IDXRCVPOR in SE16(within PI) and put the values of Outbound Reference field in Text 24 and execute. Here we will get all the child messages.

Now please let me know if this kind of scenario is possible in PO 7.4.

Thanks,

Venkat.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

BC_MSG table should contain all that information.

I don't see standard filter criteria in RWB to filter based on the parent message ID but using open sql i did try to search and this is what i found.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bojjani,

Im sorry but i dont understand right your problem, You have a sender who sends a message (via idoc??), and the PI split the message in several IDOCs, am I rigtht?, and do you want to correlate the PI messages with the target ECC messages? or do you want only to monitor the IDOCs in the target system?

Regards.