cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP permission denied.: Permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to a bank SFTP server which is outside my network for a new requirement .

They have shared the credentials , and its a password based authentication .

While connecting to server via any ftp tool , I am able to connect it but while connecting via PI system I am getting the following error

Message processing failed. Cause: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: >> Description: putFile: Target filename <O1309240949ZHEXOUSAXREM>; Flags set: appending=<false>; useTempFile=<false>; ; Reason: Permission denied.: Permission denied.>> Details: putFile: Target filename <O1309240949ZHEXOUSAXREM>; Flags set: appending=<false>; useTempFile=<false>; ; Reason: Permission denied.: Permission denied.>>SendingStatus: NOT_TRANSMITTED>>FaultCategory: COMPONENT_ERROR>>Retryable: true>>Fatal: true, >> Description: putFile: Target filename <O1309240949ZHEXOUSAXREM>; Flags set: appending=<false>; useTempFile=<false>; ; Reason: Permission denied.: Permission denied.>> Details: putFile: Target filename <O1309240949ZHEXOUSAXREM>; Flags set: appending=<false>; useTempFile=<false>; ; Reason: Permission denied.: Permission denied.>>SendingStatus: NOT_TRANSMITTED>>FaultCategory: COMPONENT_ERROR>>Retryable: true>>Fatal: true

Since we are using password base authentication , do we still need to send our public key to them so store in their SSH folder ?

The bank is saying that they do not have any functionality to store any customer public key .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It looks firewall issue, You need to open the  firewall for new server with port 21/22

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ram ,

So my understanding is correct that for password base authentication we need exchange certificates .

Now since we are accessing their SFTP server , I assume that the bank have to open the firewall for our system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

port should be enabled with in your network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram ,

I am not sure what do you mean that the port should be enabled in my network . Do you mean that we have to open the firewall on our side rather than bank ?

because we are able to connect to other SFTp servers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,can you check the user you are using is having access to read/write file to the destination? try using ftp tools to check the access