cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT ODBC Error - Data source name not found...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the IDT, I have created a successful connection to a Relational Connection to my SQL Server datasource.  However, when I try to access the data in the Data Foundation, I get the error, "ODBC Driver Manager.  Data source name not found and no default driver specified.  I am trying to use a shortcut to the connection in the repository.  I am able to make a local connection to this database using the same steps above but I'm only getting this error when using the respository connection.

I appologize if I have not explained this well or used the right terminology as I've only been using this tool for about a month with very little support.  The support I do get does not know what this problem is as they are able to connect to it fine on their computer.

Thank you for your time and responses,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Data Source name (DSN) entry is not maintained on BO servers, so request your BO Admin/BASIS Team.

Once DSN maintained on BO server, you can able to connect repository connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to connect and export the universe in the UDT.  DSN was created in UDT > tools > connections.  I do not get a connection error when using the UDT, only when using the IDT.  I had another person on another computer get the same error.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another odd thing.  When I choose a Single Source Data Foundation, it goes through fine.  However, when I choose a Multisource-Enabled Data Foundation, I get this error.  I need to be able to choose those Multisource option so I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

This is the product limitation.

Combination of 32-bit and 64-bit data providers in a Multi-source enabled Data Foundation is not supported.

Remove ODBC Drivers 32-bit for SQL Server from the user's workstation and Install ODBC Drivers
64-bit.

Regards,

Veer S.