cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF-BATCH memory consumption keeps growing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am faced with a unique issue in a Netweaver ABAP system.

In SM04, i see two lines for user WF-BATCH (used for all workflow and background jobs).

Each line item shows over 1 GB memory consumed and this number keeps growing every day.

On looking at memory details, it seems the roll area is growing.

I don't know what data is inside that memory . We don't have any long running background jobs or dialog processes.

Is there any way to find out what's going on ?. I already tried basic tracing, but that did not help much.

Regards,

Jeron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeron,

Did you check SU56 - the number of authorization objects - is that a big number ?

Activate trace on WF user for some time and check what all it does.

In SM50, do you see any related information on any process ?

How about ST03N ?

Also, check workflow related issue, refer :

Note 1098805 - Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks for workflow issues

Note 888279 - Regulating/distributing the workflow load

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, checked all that. No leads yet.

Issue is there is no way to know when the memory jumps. Trace yields results which all look legit.

There is no way to know which ABAP stmt is causing the issue.

Shouldn't the memory be de-allocated at the end of a work process ?. Somehow this is not happening.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeron

You can enable the st12 trace and check the ABAP & DB usage

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that, but memory consumption goes up over a period of time. Selecting a good timing for trace is tough since i don't know when that event happens.

Looking at ABAP & DB usage (very large number of records to review) does not tell me when the memory consumption jumps.

Ideally, i would like to know what data or internal tables is the roll area memory holding.