Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing gap from hidden table column

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I really need your help. I need to hide a column in a UI table element based on certain criteria. I've successfully done that, however, there is now a gap where that column resided. Is it possible to "condense" the columns together to remove that gap and if so how?

Thanks!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out my blog

Point 5th.

Thanks,

Nitin Sikka

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

That's a very nice blog! In order to meet the deadline, I had to go about this in a different way. However, I have book marked your blog so that I can use this feature in the future. Can you answer one question for me? I see that you have the width of the column to be hidden set as 0 in the initialize event. Should the same 'IF (GV.FLAG.rawValue eq null)" code also be included? Or does the 0 width make that column "variable" so when presence = "hidden" is used, the width then becomes 0?

Thanks!

Julie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Please write a condition using NULL instead of value.

Hope this helps...

---

Naveen

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Could you elaborate on your response a bit more? I'm not sure what condition I should be using as NULL. Here is my scripting:

IF ($record.V_GI_DATE.isNull) then

this.HeaderRow.GI_DATE.presence = "hidden"

this.Row1.GI_DATE.presence = "hidden"

endif.

This works fine hiding the column, but leaves a gap.

Julie

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i think it might be helpful for you :

http://blogs.adobe.com/formbuilder/2006/10/scripting_table_columns.html

also you can check this very good tutorial for scripting purpose:

http://assuredynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Assure-Dynamics-Building-dynamic-tables.pdf

hope this help,

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information Ali, but my table is not a subform, it's a UI table element. Unfortunately, this is a form that is already in production and just needs some changes, so I don't want to try to redo the whole thing.

Julie