Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB UpdAllStats - missing optimizer statistics for one name space

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

every weekend the job UpdAllStats runs in the SAP systems hosted by us (weekdays just PrepUpdStats+UpdStats). Now we're facing the issue that in one system there are no optimizier statistics for all tables in one special name space - let's call it /XYZ/TABLE1 etc.

We randomly checked tables in that name space via DB20/DB50 and no optimizer statistics could be found. So we randomly checked other tables like MARA, VBAK etc. - all optimizer statistics up to date for those tables.

We even started the statistics refresh via DB20 manually for one of the tables - still no optimizer statistics appearing for this table.

I mean it's an update over all optimizer statistics - I rechecked note 927882 - FAQ: SAP MaxDB UPDATE STATISTICS and some others but couldn't find any reason for these tables being exluded. Especially I don't understand why the manual statistics refresh wouldn't work...

Does anybody have an idea why this could happen?

Thanks for your ideas in advance!

Regards

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

well it seems to be more of a visualisation problem I guess.

We figured out that in MaxDB Database Studio you can see the optimizier statistics but not in the SAP system itself.

We'll keep you up to date.

Best

Marie

Edit: it was really just a visualisation problem... DB Studio rhows the right values

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

can you tell us which database and SAP Kernel and DBSLversion you are using.

Which version of BASIS Support Package has been installed in this system.

Regards, Christiane

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

sorry I forgot about that - here's the data

MaxDB 7.9.08.009

Kernel 721 PL 201

DBSL 131

Basis 731 SP 7

OS AIX 6.1

Regards

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

there is no known issue with update statistics in the version you are using.     Would you please create an SAP ticket on component BC-DB-SDB .
The support team must check this issue directly on the affected system.

Regards, Christiane

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

thanks for your reply.

We were unsure if this might happen because the tables are all part of a special namespace but from your answer I conclude that this is no usual behaviour of the MaxDB statistics run.

We'll create a SAP ticket and update this discussion afterwards.

Thanks & regards

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

if the tables belong to the same schema as the other SAP tables it should work from SAP-System.

Regards, Christiane

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

yes, they belong to the same schema.

Thanks & regards

Marie