cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem over storage section search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all .

Actually , I'm facing a strange problem . When , I came to storage section search option , I got noticed that one of my warehouse's storage type               ( RES - reserve storage type ) pre- assigned with "Y" option while activating the storage section search option - that means storage section determination but no check ....

In storage type settings , I made " storage section check " option , remains unchecked . That's fine - but , the paradox , I did the same storage type setting for other storage type , and they showed as " blank " not Y ...

my question is why  it shows as Y , instead of blank ?

thanks in advance ............

regards

arghya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

With regard to setting the indicator the moment  you put check mark on "Storage section check active" in the storage type system automatically put flag "X" to the "Storage Section Check" however you are allowed to change "X" to N or Y as per standard SAP

it seems in your case the check was removed from the Storage type however somebody manually put the "Y" to the storage type RES into the "Storage section check"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish -sir ,

thanks for your reply .

does it really happen !!!! - somebody manually changed it ??

actually , I'm only bothered why " Y" is only displayed with storage type "RES"  instead of "blank" option ( no storage section determination , no check ) ?? - where , I did " storage section check " inactive !!!!!! ??

and more surprisingly , I did " storage section check " inactive option for other two storage type - they , clearly show "blank " option in storage section check scenario .

then , for RES - storage type behaved so strange ?? .......

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya

I understand your concern....let's do one simulation. if you are doing this activity other then production system then please

1) Put the check mark back on Storage section check active  in storage type and you will find instead of "Y" value will get changed to "X" ,

2) Change it manually to "Y" go back to master data  . storage type and remove the check mark from "Storage section check active" and you will find that "Y" will disappear from the  "Storage Section Check"

This make sure that the moment u make any change in storage type the value in "Storage Section Check" automatically change blank or "x"

Now the third test

Remove the check mark from "Storage section check active" and then manually put the value into "Storage Section Check" and you will find that system accepts the value without any warning / error (Standard SAP behavior)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a part of the customizing and implementation of WM, you need to check this customizing step.
When you activate the storage section check, you ought to check this step too, to make sure your
ST's have this setting as required.
So, the default values for this indicator are the following:
* On check (in ST settings) => set to X
* On uncheck (in ST sett.) => Set to Blank

I don't know if there is an option to set the default values for the actions in ST settings, but I highly doubt there are. Also, it seems that in your case it didn't change it at all, so it definitely isn't standard behavior of the system.

You need to test a bit more.
E.g. set to blank, and then activate the check, go back and see what is the result.
Then set to Y manually, then uncheck it at ST level. Again, return to check the indicator.
Now, don't change manually, but go again to ST settings and activate. Return to see the indicator value.
You can try a few more similar tests if you like...

This will give you an idea of what are the rules behind the ST settings => section search indicator (X,Y,Blank).

I have tried at two system now, and both of them behave exactly like I stated before.
Whenever I check ST section search, indicator is set to X.
When I uncheck it, indicator is reset to Blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mihalio - sir ,

thanks for your reply .

In between , X ( check ) and blank ( un-check ) , there is an option - Y ( that interprets , storage section determine , but not check ) .... actually , I don't why this " Y" option is to be required ?? ...

anyway , thanks for advices  - the problem gets solved ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot , Manish-sir , for your valuable suggestion . the confusion has been clarified . ...

Answers (0)