cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Change request with reference to existing change request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to do Creation of Change request with reference to existing change request for MDG-F and MDG c/MDG S Is it possible? If yes, How?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just need to clarify your question. You need ONE CR for all three?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

There is one ECC funcationality (Reference). We can create any object from existing object (Like Material,Vendor,GL Account,Cost Center and so on). Is it possible to use same fuctinality in MDG as well?

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can achieve this by creating a report which will execute in the background once your final level of approved of CR.

You copy the whole data of the CR which is approved & use Change request API to create the new CR with the copied (reference) data .

Please note that don't use more than one API while doing the same report otherwise you will face dumps .

Hope this solve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh

Can we say that it is not Out of Box functionality in MDG (Which do exists in ECC)?

As need to create new API for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

No , its not out of box functionality in MDG. Reason being, MDG framework provided some standard API's with the help of which we can do our development with ease.

Like Governance API                            : IF_USMD_GOV_API

Convenience Governance API         :IF_USMD_CONV_SOM_GOV_API

Change Request API Interface:       IF_USMD_CREQUEST_API

With the help of which you can play around with your data in MDG with the pre-defined methods of it.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim

Is it available in MDG 7.0 or need to download it ? If need to download it then from where we need to download it? Is any BC set or any software component for this? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Not very sure weather this new functionality will be part of MDG 7.0 SP3 or not. As far i know this functionality will be downported to MDG 7.0 but not sure will the MDG 7.0 customers be able to use them..Also the contact person for this topic is on long leave so for me to clarify with him and inform will take long time.

May be Michael Theis can help us here. @ Michael could pls tell how the new functionality which is being developed in MDG 8.0 but is downported to MDG 7.0 will be available to customers.using MDG 7.0

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I don't think so. But you can use default values from a CR to populate in other change request.

Kiran