Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical ack: SAP ERP IDoc -> PI 7.4 java stack only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eveyone

I'm stuck on this to configure correctly. The scenario is:

1. from SAP ERP we send an IDoc (to PI via RFC)
  2. without any mapping this IDoc is routed through and sent as IDoc-XML to an external system via HTTP
  3. response from external system is HTTP 200 (if it was received and processed ok) or HTTP 5xx (if something went wrong)

From senders perspective the IDoc remains on status 03 (= sent to port OK). This status is also set to 03 even when it's hanging around in tRFC queue (SM58). Is there a way to tell our PI to send an acknowledgment back to SAP ERP (sender system)? Just the PI telling the sending SAP ERP system, that the IDoc was successfully received so the IDoc status can be switched to e.g. 12.

I searched and googled around for quite a while now but was not able to find a suitable howto.

Did anyone configure such a "scenario" already (on PI 7.4 java stack only) and is willing to share?

Thanks anyone in advance!

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sap help: Configuring Acknowledgements for a Sender IDoc Adapter (AAE)

is explaining how to configure the adapter for requesting acknowledgments. I guess you need the setting "ALEAUD Special Handling Needed".

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Thanks for the link! It pointed me to the right direction.

I tried to configure as described. I activated checkboxes for both system acknowledgements plus the "ALEAUD special handling needed".

We have configured our IDOC_AAE sender communication channel in "from NWA" mode.

In the RFC Server Parameters, under "Ack Connection Factory Name (reuse NWA configuration" I had to specify the factory name specified in NWA.

I finally found a great howto from Syed Umar (SAP Labs India):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

Renaud

Answers (0)