cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting multiple C4C tenants to same HCI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please note that we already have a Cloud For Customer (C4C) system connected to our HCI system which is connected to our ERP system.

How can I connect another new C4C system to the same HCI system as above which connects to the same ERP backend system QEC.

Would this new C4C system use the same tenant/worker nodes or will there be a separate new one be created for this new C4C system.

Please let us know what is the best possible approach.

Regards

Indrasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi  Indrasish

THere are probably a couple of options.   One is to adjust HCI to send to two receivers.  We'd need to look more at how the data needs to flow. 

The other is to have duplicate setup -the following is what we do for a training environment with mutliple C4C's connected to one HCI and one ERP: 

* C4C tenants have the communication system for ERP that points to HCI

* If you will have the same iflow from the ERP to each tenant, e.g. material master from ERP to C4C tenant1, material master from ERP to C4C tenant 2 - then you need to do the following:

*** HCI import the iflow, rename the iflow and the manifest.  When you deploy you will also need a unique name. for example:  /cxf/ERP/COD/ADR3MAS03_TR99 - deploy the service with the extension

*** in ERP in the RFC destination to HCI you need to also adjust the RFC dest, for example, /cxf/ERP/COD/ADR3MAS03_TR99 so that the deployed iflow name matches. 

*** the deployed iflow also has the updated URL for the related C4C tenant.

In this situation you have duplicate iflow for each C4C tenant.  The other option is to use one iflow and have two receivers, this would assume everything always goes to both tenants.

Does this make sense or is it confusing?

-ginger

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent stuff . Very valuable. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ginger for your help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ginger or this.

Can I make the use case sightly more complicated?

With the same setup (shared ECC and HCI but multiple C4C tenants), is it possible to distribute master data (eg customer and product) to separate C4C tenants? For example based on Account groups for customers.

0 Kudos

Hi Theirry

Multiple C4C tenants to same ECC is pretty complicated.  If it is load from ECC it might be possible - but things like creating contacts in C4C and going to ECC would require some custom work.

Can you describe what is required?  We'd need the scenarios and how the data will flow and we can have a review.

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't necessarily have all the details but let's make the following assumptions:

• Shared ECC and HCI for 2 business units
  • ECC to C4C replication flows limited to
    • Customer and product master data
    • Work ticket integration (spare parts, internal order costing, time booking, no billing)
    • Complaint process integration with ECC sales orders (not sure this is based on HCI)
    • No contact replication from C4C to ECC or vice versa

• ECC/HCI/C4C tenant 1 used for Business Unit 1 (BU1)
    • Need 2 way replication for customer and product master (limited to BU1 own data)
    • Work ticket integration (spare parts only)

• ECC/HCI/C4C tenant 2 used for Business Unit 2 (BU2)
    • Need 2 way replication for customer and product master (limited to BU2 own data)
    • Work ticket integration (time booking only)
    • Complaint process

Could the scenario be supported? If custom development is required what is the main reason: Shared ECC? Shared HCI?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Hi Thierry

The HCI is no problem.  You will need to rename iflows because you can't have the same endpoint twice -but that is no issue at all. 

The two way replication for customer /contact is an issue.  The major issue is related to number ranges - let me forward this one to a few others.  In the C4C50 class the setup is multiple tennants to 1 ECC with 1 HCI.  When a new contact is created, it grabs the next number contact number range in ERP - so multiple tenants could grab the next number so when you contact gets to eCC for creation, it says it already exists.  There is probably a work around for this - but it would take some careful planning.

In general when going to mutliple ECC's we say do the routing in the middleware - but your situation is multiple tenants to  1 ECC. Is the business reason to do sales by regions?  

I'll ask some others who have greater expertise to comment on this.

thanks

ginger

- would you please share your thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contacts will not be replicated back from C4C tenants into ECC. They will only live in C4C. Would the same problem happen with customers?

The main reason for this potential setup is to provide different business units more flexibility in setting up their business process in C4C.

0 Kudos

HI Thierry

I don't know about customers - if it works the same way - I think it might - then yes - will know but he is out for a few days.  

It might be easier to design the processes and use page layouts or other controls in C4C - this integration will be tricky to maintain. 

If everything was only ECC to C4C then I wouldn't be as concerned.     We don't set this up as a test scenario - so there could be things you find that we have never tested. 

- would work ticket from multiple tenants to the same ECC work?  I'm thinking that might be OK - but I know we've never tested it. 

-ginger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

we currently not able to deploy integration flows on our HCI, for the businesspartner replication. We run the following setup:

One HCI

2 C4C tenants (1 for Dev, 1 for Test)

2 CRM backends (1 for Dev, 1 for Test)

I had already successfully deployed the integration scenario for our Dev chain. After configuration of the same integration flow for the Test chain, I receive the following error within HCI monitoring:

[CAMEL][IFLOW][CAMEL_CONTEXT_NOT_STARTED] : The CamelContext did not start. Please check the tail log for details.

I have renamed the Integration flows for Dev and Test so they have not the same endpoint in HCI. I also have tried to Undeploy and Re-Deploy several times.

So far it looks like I can only deplay one iFlow, whether its the test or dev chan.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Sebastian Hasslbeck

0 Kudos

Quite late for this, but still...

You should change the iFlow id in metadata to have multiple iFlows on the same HCI tenant. Each iFlow must be unique. You should refactor the iFlow in Eclipse, I don't think you can do that in Web UI.

So, for instance you can have in HCI the following iFlows for customer master:

com.sap.scenarios.cod2erp.customermaster.replicate

com.sap.scenarios.cod2erp.customermaster.replicate_test

Don't forget to set different addresses too in the iFlows, you cannot have the same entry point for two different flows.

Luca