cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending resource status and reason code category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a couple of questions regarding the extensibility of status and reason codes in ME15.0 in the context of machine integration:

1. Is it save to add new status fields (records) in WIP.STATUS for STATUS_GROUP="RESOURCE"? Is there any impact, if a resource doesn't match one of the predefined status values?

2. The "logResourceStatusChanged" service creates entries in WIP.RESOURCE_TIME_LOG but not in WIP.RESRCE. That way, it is possible to get different status values in both tables at a given time. Do you see any negative impact resulting from this data inconsistency?

The service "ChangeResourceStatusRequest" is not suitable in our case, since it doesn't provide a timestamp as input parameter for the status change. And even if it would, the prevention of a "sfc complete" when the status is "unscheduled down" is inconvenient for our customer. The scenario is, that the customer wants to complete the quantity produced until the machine broke down (assume lot production).

3. Is it possible to add new "categories" in addition to the predefined values in WIP.REASON _CODE? What is the impact?

regards,

Georg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

I cannot give you a precise yes/no answer - so this is just to share some info.

- I've heard about some customer who implemented custom statuses. When a new status simply was added in the database, it did not affect a core functionality. But I do not know what happens if this status is assigned to a resource and then a core fucntionality is triggered. There might be some validation which could fail. But it is easier to test specific cases as how you are going to use SAP ME, and I doubt any developer will be happy to run a full analysis of code to answer your question.

- The new statuses need to be considered for loading via IDAT and adding into LocaleSpecificText properties file.

- As to custom categories of reason codes, I guess there are only few places where system behavior is tightly connected to specific predefined reason codes. So, I'm inclined to believe that adding reason codes and categories will not harm.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

that' more or less the answer I expected. We will make our decision based on our specific use cases as you suggest.

thanks for your advice.

regards,

Georg