cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted RFC questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems creating a trusted RFC connection between two ABAP instances as required in the Solution Manager IMG.

I have played with PSE's in STRUST looked at the trusted/trusting relationships in SMT1 and SMT2 (or from SM59) but don't really understand them.

What do I need to do in order to create a trusted relationship (from scratch).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

did you check note 128447? The trusted/trusting relationship is between Solution Manager system and the Satellite systems.

Users who will logon into the Satellite systems from Solution Manager need to have authorization object S_RFCACL in the Satellites.

You can copy role SAP_S_RFCACL that exist in SolMan if it does not exist yet in your satellite system (it exists in WAS 7.00) or create a profile with this authorization object, and then assign it to the userids.

Regards,

Raquel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

What has been told to you in previous message about S_RFCACL is the solution to this problem, but in case you don't have the role and profile both which can be possible there is a way by which you can manupulate the RFC.

Create a user in the satellite system with full authorization and then go to sm59 of the solution manager system and there in the RFC generated for trusted login, select no for trusted login and then give the user that has been created along with the password.

thanks

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already had S_RFCACL assigned to my user. So far, this is what I have done:

1. Create a dialog user "SOLMAN4" in both boxes with the same password.

2. Assign SAP_ALL (for S_RFC) and S_RFCACL to this user.

3. Use SM59 to generate the RFC Connection in each box. Specify Trusted, No Load Balancing, No Login Screen, SOLMAN4 & Password, Server and System Number.

Problem: It still fails to connect using "remote login." It always prompts me with the login screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Create a user in the satellite system with full

> authorization and then go to sm59 of the solution

> manager system and there in the RFC generated for

> trusted login, select no for trusted login and then

> give the user that has been created along with the

> password.

>

> thanks

> Manas

Do you mean that I am to leave the "trusted" box unchecked and simply specify a user? If this is the case, then what is the purpose of the "trusted" checkbox? I understand that I can fake a "trusted" connection, however, I want to understand what I am doing wrong so that I can generate a trusted connection properly.

Thanks,

Ryan